QA Shift Engineer
Responsibility for People?
Directly report to WF Site Operations Manager for QA / Operations Team Leader
Rotational Job 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off
QA Shift Engineer role is a developmental, coaching and mentoring position and as such does not have directly managed reports. Deliverables are achieved through influence, and this is heavily reliant upon the relationship the Shift Engineer develops with the Site Ops Manager, the CoW TL and the national staff at Qarmat Ali.
The purpose of QA Shift Engineer position is to support and assist the Site Ops Manager to develop Operational Organisational Capability and improve operational performance through daily oversight of Qarmat Ali operations, coaching, and supporting shift team personnel in core operations activities.
In addition, the QA Shift engineer role is required to assist the Site Ops Mgr and OTL in improving waterflood operating performance by means of affecting learning from incidents, instilling operating discipline, participate, gather, and process data regarding plant capacity increase and loss reduction initiatives.
A measure of success in the role is what QA Shift Engineer has enabled others to do well.
The position is field-based, and QA Shift Engineer will visit QA every day during his working cycle. Occasionally the QA Shift engineer may be required to spend time in the office in order to help Site ops mgr or OTL complete production related data gathering or analysis.
Core Shift engineer deliverables includes:
- Responsible for assisting, coaching & mentoring of QA Shift Teams and Contractor Performing Authorities involved in the execution of controlled work activities, ensuring compliance with CoW & HSE processes and procedures
- Providing clarity on work planning and scheduling as dictated by the 2W plans or as advised by the Site ops mgr .
- Responsible for interventions should personnel not demonstrate adequate competence in respect to CoW and HSE aspects.
- Support and lead site technical Investigations.
- Participate with HSE site teams in incident investigations as and when required.
- Assisting and supporting the Site ops mgr with coaching and field-based personnel on back to basics e.g. LO/LC, procedures, routines, CoW, operating within safe operating envelope.
- Ensure that operations are conducted in compliance with all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Ensure water management is in compliance with the country regulatory program (Specification / Waste water).
- Assisting and supporting the Site ops mgr with the implementation of day to day and monthly priorities across maintenance and operations; facilitating activities on an as required basis.
- Assisting and supporting the QA Site Ops mgr in defining and implementing TAR isolations and preparing procedures, including CoW implementation.
- Assisting QA Site Ops mgr with Operations/Project planning and preparation activities.
- Assisting the QA Site Ops mgr with the required interfaces between Ops and Projects onsite for the new projects ongoing at QA and Provide operational input to brownfield projects.
- Assisting and supporting the OTL with the day to day management of product quality, carrying out investigations & implementation of interventions related to WI losses.
QA Shift engineer deliverables are discussed daily. Deliverables are clear and visible, and there is always opportunity to discuss and question. The QA shift engineer position is highly visible to all staff in the field locations. They are expected to assist the QA Site ops mgr to lead and influence by behaviour and example, as much as by the spoken word.
Criteria & Qualifications
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Good broad range of relevant HSE knowledge and skills.
- Good In-depth knowledge of Control of Work systems and associated procedures.
- Exposure to a wide range of plant operations experience.
- Interpersonal communication skills are critically important to QA Shift engineer position and should be demonstrably very good.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring roles and working in a linguistically diverse working environment.
- Capable of working autonomously, and organising time and resource to achieve work deliverables to defined standards.
- Personal behaviours and work ethic that leads by example.
- Knowledge on water treatment technologies and applications.
Desirable Criteria and Qualifications
- Iraqi national.
- Minimum 10 years hydrocarbon or water flooding operations.
- Arabic & Good English language skills (written and spoken)
- University Graduates preferred, but not essential.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.