This position is responsible for service problems resolution from repeater to end user ensuring all tickets and customer outages are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ownership of Service Problem from repeater to end user upon notification of service problem (proactive & reactive) will diagnose & manage service problem, correct & resolve service problem, and analyse service problem making recommendations & improvements for future enhancements.
- Handle the maintenance of networks resolving 2nd level support tickets.
- Ensure that any faults in the network or tickets are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide solutions that fall in line with the Service Level Agreements and all Health and Safety requirements.
- Utilize Understanding of networking devices and topologies, Knowledge of wireless networking, microwave radio, Ethernet and fibre to resolve tickets and maintenance requests.
- Maybe required to be called in for support for different shifts covering the operational needs.
- In-case of need for escalation to NOC, report the issue to team leader for analysis and further routing.
- Manage/participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for Network outages and provide fix and resolutions for the identified Problems.
- Utilize functional understanding of Network fundamentals.
- Monitor network elements for exception conditions and perform trend analysis.
- Track outage conditions in equipment to insure timely resolution.
- Instruct field maintenance on problem resolution.
- Escalate issues to the appropriate level of support when applicable.
- Access Network Engineer:
- Handle new installation for FOC and ensure providing service to customer.
- Handle receiving ticket requests from customers or sales ensuring opening a ticket in the system and monitoring the tickets resolution times and status.
- Maintain highest customer satisfaction rates through continuous communication with the customer and speed resolution of the tickets.
- Check monitoring system Sensors and Alarms and taking actions (Open new ticket if needed).
- Check links quality for forwarded tickets.
- Handle installing new points/ Uninstalling (other) with technical team.
- Handle checking master problems (Unreachable, damaged) with technical team.
- Handle Alignment Masters needed/ Slaves (based on customer demand and according to technical instructions) with technical team.
- Handle direct Communication with walk-in customers in company and help to fix and solve their problems.
- Checking Fiber links, Powered off, and making needed maintenance operation by checking Fiber link Cut-off and forward to Civil Dept.
- Handle Installing, Changing, Checking, Load distribution of Bridges.
- Email concerned parties for any update related to Technical work (Points and Bridges).
- Handle Making and updating statistics for all wireless Masters in Repeaters.
- Handle direct calling customers for procedures in master or slave maintenance till resolution.
- Follow up emergency (Operation) with technical team to re-operate Repeater.
- Review Online Sheet (sharikat and Point Backup) implementation and update to install link and backup link for fiber point.
- Handle Air Fiber links (Sub-Repeater) Bridges, and its Point Update report.
- BSc. in Computer, Telecom Engineering or related.
Years of Experience
1-3 years’ experience in Engineering, ISP or Telecom Maintenance Role.