GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the responsibility of the Project Manager Victim Assistance, the Access to Rehab Project Officer will supervise the implementation of HI strategy in terms of accessibility to rehabilitation services of vulnerable population living in Anbar.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
Assessment & Strategy
- Design and supervise needed assessments to implement “accessibility to rehabilitation services” activity (Barriers to access rehabilitation services assessment, cash feasibility and risks assessment, transport market assessment, financial service providers mapping and assessment).
- Compile and monitor updates of mapping of available services dedicated to people with disability.
- Compile updates about HI knowledge in terms of transport services and practices, available financial services and access to rehabilitation services, in its area of intervention.
- Contribute to the development of the HI strategy to support the access to rehabilitation services in Anbar.
Beneficiaries’ identification, follow-up and discharge
- Supervise beneficiaries’ selection process is in line with HI guidelines and regulations.
- Approve the necessary screenings to determine beneficiary eligibility to HI support.
- Supervise community awareness sessions about available services dedicated to people with disability, referral system and inclusion.
- Ensure Access to Rehab Field Worker are properly following-up each beneficiary of the access to rehabilitation services activity from the identification till discharge.
- Gather and develop the necessary tools to implement and follow-up the project activities (Data base, follow-up tool, IEC materials, awareness materials, specific guidelines and forms, etc.).
Finance, Logistics, Administration and Human Resources management
- Define the human, financial and logistical means needed to run its project.
- Implement relevant logistics and administrative paperwork and arrangement as per HI guidelines and regulations (procurement request, movement request, cash request and forecast, equipment use, HR request, etc.).
- Monitor budget consumption and estimate financial forecast.
- Ensure the implementation of HI’s human resources guidelines and regulations (about recruitment, appraisal, leaves, disciplinary process, training & capacity building, etc.)
- Promote the ethics and values of HI among its team members
- Monitor the implementation of HI’s security & safety guidelines and regulations.
- Translation of documents related to the project between English-Arabic
Monitoring and Reporting
- Conduct regular monitoring (including regular field visit) as per HI guidelines and regulations.
- Archive all sources of verification as per HI guidelines and regulations.
- Supervise data entry as per HI guidelines and regulations.
- Report any issues faced on the field.
- Provide relevant feedback and analysis to improve the access to rehabilitation service activity.
- Contribute to the analysis of the data extracted from project monitoring tools.
- Draft external reporting.
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting to the PM.
- Monitor indicators’ progress achievements.
Coordination and Communication
- Maintain a strong link with the health team (Physiotherapist Trainer, Project Officer VA)
- Maintain a strong coordination with support services (Administration, Finance, HR, Logistics, etc.).
- Ensure appropriate and effective communication and collaboration with any external stakeholders (authorities, communities’ representatives, health facilities staff, financial service providers, humanitarian community, etc.) in the area of intervention.
- Attend relevant working groups and clusters
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Education: Bachelor degree in project management or equivalent
Languages: Excellent Arabic (mandatory), English (mandatory)
- At least 3 years of experience in project management.
- At least 2 years of experience with an international NGO.
Know-how (practices) & Interpersonal skills (attitudes)
- Strong communication and empathy skills
- Strong reporting skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent manager skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Excellent computer skills demonstrated experience in utilization of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint in particular.
Line management: Project Manager Victim Assistance
Head of Department: Project Manager Victim Assistance
Management: Access to Rehab Field Worker
Collaboration with: Collaboration with the health team (Physiotherapist Trainer and Victim Assistance Project Officer), the support services teams (Logistics, Administration, HR, Finance, etc.), and the MEAL team.
‘’The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
- Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
- Internal regulation (IR)
- Child protection policy (CPP)
- Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassement (PSEAH)
- Antifraud and bribery
- Code of Conduct (CoC)
- How to apply How to apply: Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before 4th April 2021 Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically. Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference: Ref: HI-IRQ –BGD-ATRPO-567 Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the Subject line of your e-mail Please address all applications to: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Job Reference Ref: HI-IRQ –BGD-ATRPO-567