The Accountant is responsible for providing financial, clerical, and administrative services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial transactions. The accountant consolidates accounts according to Sardar Group accounting policy and procedure. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures, and preparing and monitoring all cash/credit transactions.
The Accountant is also responsible for handling one or more of the processes related to accounting, budgeting, costing, contracts and any other financial transactions related to Sardar Group operations.
- Applies the principles of accounting and Sardar Group policies for entering the financial day to day transactions of accounts payable and receivable on the accounting system as well as reviewing/posting branch(es) transactions on the system.
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles the general ledger; prepares monthly financial statements.
- Ensures that financial records are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Receives and verifies copy of invoices and requisitions for cars, parts, and services. Posts all vouchers into the system according to the Sardar Group ’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains and files updated financial records and supporting documents in an organized manner including external parties’ contracts, vendors, vouchers, and invoices.
- Prepares vendor chequeens and list all vendor chequeens in the log book.
- Completes payroll functions in order to ensure that staff are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
Calculates and prepares entries of costs of material, labor, cars, and parts under the
- Address Baghdad