CHF Internationals’ Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Syria crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, OHA is commencing responding directly in Syria, intensifying CHF’s assistance to Syrian IDP’s. This will be done through an approach to programming where projects will be focused on the sustainability rather than relief delivery.
CHF is a fully registered organization in Iraq and Syria and is currently building its humanitarian response professionals in Iraq and Syria. CHF intends to hire a full-time Accountant for a multi-year USAID funded project “Growing Agriculture and Incomes in Syria (GROW) Activity” in Northeast Syria. This position will report the Finance Coordinator.
Following are the key job responsibilities but are not limited to:
- Record daily project expenses into QuickBooks or the designated accounting software promptly and accurately.
- Ensure all project expenses are coded correctly and are approved as per approval matrix.
- Ensure the proper documentation of financial transactions and expenditures in compliance with organizational and donor requirements.
- Assist Finance Coordinator in preparation of regular financial reports for internal review and submission.
- Work closely with the Finance Coordinator and other project team members to facilitate effective communication and coordination of financial and programmatic activities.
- Ensure all financial data is archived as per organization policy and in compliance with the donor and audit requirements.
- Support Finance Coordinator during financial reviews and audits.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Required Education and Experience:
- University/bachelor’s degree in accounting/ finance/business administration with preferably two years of experience in accounting and finance in international or national organization working in humanitarian assistance or private sector OR;
- A university degree in banking, economics or equivalent with minimum three years of experience in accounting and finance in the areas mentioned above.
- Previous experience in accounting and finance financial data analysis or auditing is preferred.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Experience in Project accounting preferred.
- Prior experience with USAID funded programs preferred.
- Technical skills:
- High analytical and reporting skills.
- Team player with excellent planning skills
- Excellent command of excel and other database applications.
- Good knowledge and skills in financial software, working knowledge of Quick books, Net Suite would be considered an asset.
- Excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details.
- Culture sensitivity and excellent understanding of cross-culture working environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Good command in written and spoken English.
- Address Iraq, KRI, Duhok, Geribasi, Baghdad Bank St. near Qandil NGO. The red building with 4 floors, CHF office - second floor
- Salary Offer N/A USD N/A Month
- How to apply To apply for this position please follow the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfPjnVSZHNIaDVcVctBDNijvfP_2tVmX7EWMwheT7jlGCXGsQ/viewform?usp=sf_link before or by January 22, 2024. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates with required experience will be contacted for the interview.