We are looking for an Accountant to join our team in Erbil city.
Working Schedule: 5 Days/ Week, 9 Hours/Day
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the management and reporting of financial data of the company. perform all the tasks encompassed in the role and provide complete reports to the management. The successful candidate is expected to be prompt, professional, detail-oriented, and analytical.
- Process and reconcile transactions, including invoices, payments, and expenses.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and standard operating procedures and identify/establish internal controls and ensure their operating effectiveness. Ensuring the conformity of supplier invoices.
- Monitor accounts payable and accounts receivable activities, following up on outstanding payments and resolving issues promptly.
- Collaborate with the sales and supply chain teams to ensure accurate and timely recording of transactions and resolve any discrepancies.
- Ensuring the proper integration of the supplier invoices and credits.
- Participating in the operations of monthly and annual closing (accruals, prepaid expenses, credits to be received).
- Checking that the accounting information is coherent (general accounting and sub-ledger accounting).
- Preparing concise, accurate, timely and detailed general ledger account reconciliations and journal entries according to specified corporate formats and deadlines.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and company policies.
- Prepare regular financial reports, statements, and summaries related to transactions.
- Assist in the preparation of financial forecasts, budgets, and cost analysis relevant to the department.
- Participate in month-end and year-end closing procedures, including journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations.
- Support internal and external audits by providing necessary documentation and explanations of financial transactions.
- Stay updated on relevant accounting regulations and industry best practices, applying them to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- Previous experience in accounting or in a similar role is preferred. Experience in Supply Chain accounting is a plus.
- Fluent in Kurdish, Excellent level of English and Arabic.
- Well-versed in MS Office, especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with accounting software.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong problem solver with the ability to work proactively and well under pressure.
- Positive working attitude, demonstrate good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- How to apply Interested candidates with the mentioned qualifications kindly send your CVs to: ([email protected]). *Please mention (Accountant - Erbil) in the Subject line of your email. * Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, the vacancy can be filled prior to the deadline. * Applications without the Subject line will not be considered.