Coordinating and supervising the accounting of the Company (accounting, treasury, audit procedures, etc.) according to the instructions of the Chief Finance Officer, and in compliance with legal obligations, standards and protocols in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the company on the use and allocation of resources in the company. In general, accounting managers are responsible for tracking, monitoring and evaluating day-to-day accounting tasks and activities. These task are essential t ensure company’s performance and success. For that reason, Accounting Mangers are on of the most demanded labor force.
In order to attract Accounting Manager that best matches your needs, it is very important we write a clear and precise Accounting Manager job description.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Being responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole company e.g. cash procedures, bank accounts, receipts and supporting documents, electronic data entry, consolidation of overall mission accounting, monthly closing process and documents, ensuring strict respect of deadlines and strict compliance to company guidelines, financial standards and procedures.
- Coordinating and overseeing the monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet, and reporting the mission’s accounting statement through monthly and weekly reports, in order to verify the evolution of project finances and provide information about them
- Being responsible for the financial management of contracts e.g. preparing and verifying the financial reports to, following up and analysing the need for amendments. Ensuring reporting conditions are met and stakeholders in the company are informed of their responsibilities (for example, logistics for stock inventory, quotes)
- Coordinating and overseeing the payment of tax liabilities in order to comply with legal obligations.
- Coordinating and supervising the conduct of local audits relating to accounting, tax, labour, stock and asset management
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve people’s capabilities
- Is the technical reference for any accounting-related issue including compliance with company financial standards and procedures, legal compliance, training and support on the accounting software / system
- Oversee accounting daily operations
- Take responsibility for accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity etc
- Monitor and analyse accounting data
- Set up and monitor accounting KPIs
- Regularly produce financial reports or statements
- Adhere to proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Encourage other employees to adhere to standards
- Train new employees
- Perform and oversee annual audits
- Provide recommendations
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Prepare and present KPIs to stakeholders
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance, business, or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Address Baghdad- Iraq
- How to apply Application: Applicants must submit their CVs and Cover Letter no later than the 28th of February 2021 to the following address: [email protected] stating the job title in the mail by subject line: (Accounting Manager/ASCO HR-BGW-2021-006) . We strongly encourage you to submit your application as early as possible. ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. Please indicate in your Cover Letter how you were aware of this announcement
- Job Reference (Accounting Manager/ASCO HR-BGW-2021-006)