Date: 7 Feb 2024
Location: Erbil, Middle East and North Africa, IQ
Company: British Council
We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2021–22 we reached 650 million people.
The purpose of this role is to build relationships, identify needs and enhance opportunities with key accounts (schools, universities, corporates etc) and stakeholders to meet business related targets. The role is also required to proactively resolve issues, create and add value as well as ensure delivery on expectations. On a daily basis the role executes the country school exams key account strategy and plan.
The Exams Account Relationships Manager ensures that a custom set of value-added services is provided with excellence to British Council Partners. He/she continuously revises this set and develops new value-added services that aim to maintain a valuable partnership with the British Council.
The job sits in the Examinations Services team in Iraq which consists of approximately 10 staff members. He/she should be working very closely with the whole exam team to ensure an efficient implementation of the British Council exams in Iraq. Excellent customer and client service and effective and secure exams delivery are essential to continued growth of the business.
- Carries out routine monitoring and standard reporting on commercial data involving sales, profitability and/or co-funding and sponsorship opportunities using an agreed set of corporate processes, techniques and report templates.
Market & customer intelligence
- Ensures product/sector knowledge is up to date and forward thinking
- Provides account /country specific input into market intelligence activities, innovation and business development/marketing plan/targets
- As required, uses a range of standard processes and techniques to carry out routine research and analysis of actual or potential customer/audience trends – e.g. customer segmentation, demographic profiling, competitor tracking and measurement of market share.
- Value adds account extension, cross sell and retention.
- Raises performance issues, why and how being resolved
- Monitors capacity and drives up/pull forward B2B2C sales to fill capacity
- Practices Relationship Management, development and reviews (including mapping and delivering F2F touch-points, annual and quarterly reviews for big accounts)
- Builds and develops networks around existing clients to cultivate segments
- Under direction from the Head of BD, supports the development of high quality bids, tenders and proposals by preparing or collating written content/diagrams/financial data/case studies/project plans for the Country/Region
Account & stakeholder management
- Manages and delivers in year Account Plan
- Develops out of year Account Plan
- Links with B2B support from Operations team to set and review quality of delivery to support account relationship.
- Links with Marketing for targeted events, campaigns and collateral to support retention and value add
- Undertakes contract review and refresh
- Works to defined Account Relationship standards and frameworks.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records and data in order to support effective and coordinated account management across the organisation.
- Conducts research, into business activities, challenges and key personnel in target customer, partner or sponsor organisations to support the exams business in developing new business and cultural relations opportunities for the BC.
- In accordance with an agreed account management plan, coordinates and organises contact between stakeholders in key client/partner/sponsor organisations and the exams business – e.g. meetings, conference slots, sending targeted marketing or thought leadership materials etc.
Analysis & Reporting
- Using standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity levels and performance data, to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs
- Contributes data as required, to enable the development and distribution of high quality, customer and market-focused marketing collateral
Leadership & management
- Prioritises own work activities, from long terms plans into day to day activities.
- Builds relationships and uses influence to work with others internally to grow the business
About You (essential requirements for the role):
- The British Council systems and global processes operate in English. Excellent written and verbal proficiency in English is must (B2 level).
- University Degree in related subject or equivalent
- Proven experience of building relationships, identifying needs and enhancing opportunities with key accounts to meet business related targets.
- Designing and implementing business development or marketing plans in an education sector context.
- Experience of working with UK exam boards
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic
- Experience of managing relationships with account clients
Desirable requirements for the role
- Manage teams remotely
- Role: Accounts Relations Manager(40369)
- Number of positions: 1
- Pay Band: Grade 6G
- Location: Erbil, Iraq
- Gross Monthly Salary : $1,822
- Contract type: Fixed term local contract 1 year.
- Closing date: 20th Feb 2024 (23:59 Gulf Standard Time)
- Other: The role is open to candidates who have legal right and located/based in Iraq.
*Please note that all applications should be submitted only in English.
*It is advisable to apply in advance to avoid any technical issues at the last moment.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.