Elbarlament is seeking to recruit an Admin and Finance Officer ( 40 hours/week) based in Iraq, initially until March 2024 (six months). However, there is a possibility of contract extensions beyond the initial duration.
The Admin and Finance Officer will support project management and other technical project staff in our new project in Iraq with administrative tasks and financial accounting and reporting. This includes:
- Supporting the project manager and project officers with preparing and implementing project activities, including workshops, events, meetings, among other activities.
- Keeping records of all project expenditure in Iraq and preparing financial reports
- Supporting Iraqi civil society organisations whose initiatives will be financially supported through the project with financial management tasks
- Contributing to the monitoring and evaluation of project activities and outputs, with a focus on assessing efficiency (use of resources to achieve project objectives)
What we offer you:
- A competitive remuneration
- A diverse and dynamic team
- Active participation in interesting and innovative projects
- The opportunity to actively shape work processes at elbarlament
- Flexible working hours and remote working options (after consultation with the management)
- Bachelor degree or comparable degree in a relevant field such as accounting or business administration; alternatively at least two years or relevant professional experience
- Proven experience in the administrative and financial management of donor-funded projects (assistant level is sufficient)
- Proven expertise in drafting financial reports to donors
- Gender and conflict sensitivity
- Excellent communication skills in Arabic and very good communication skills in English
- Very good knowledge of the Iraqi political and social context
- Availability to travel within Iraq
- How to apply Please send us your letter of motivation and your CV in one file (pdf) electronically by 05 October 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should be available for an interview between 27 and 29 September 2023. The interviews will be held virtually. The expected starting date is 1 October 2023, or slightly later. Please do not send your documents by post. Only applications sent electronically to the abovementioned email address can be considered. Due to the expected high number of applications, we will only contact those candidates who are invited for an interview.