The NI Administrative Manager is responsible for the management of NI administration department under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator and with the technical support of the Admin Coordinator. S/he is responsible for the proper functioning of the administrative services of the 2 bases, in compliance with the procedures of PUI and donors.
S/he contributes to the sound financial management, accounting/budgeting and Human Resources management in NI.
Specific objectives and linked activities
- ENSURE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT OF THE AREA
- S/he implements HR rules, procedures and tools in NI bases regarding: new HR regulations, local staff contracts, procedures of recruitment, payroll operations, implementation of appropriate working conditions, HR records (electronic and physical).
- S/he ensures the HR management of national staff, in particular, payroll operations, monitoring absences, the construction, updating and archiving of personnel files.
- S/he assumes or delegates responsibility for the integration of any new employees in the bases and makes sure they received comprehensive briefings with representatives from each departments.
- S/he suggests to Admin coordinator possible updates to HR policy in terms of rules, procedures and tools relating to recruitment, remuneration, administrative management, disciplinary aspects and management of individual career development within the organisation.
- S/he monitors risks associated with HR issues in the 2 bases in NI (Norther Iraq: Mosul/Ninewa and Dohuk).
S/he contributes to the organisation of recruitment (development of Job Descriptions, provisional planning, advertisement,
- applications, and interviews) for all departments or supports base admins in this process.
- S/he participates in the hiring process, as well as in any decisions related to the termination of employment contracts of local personnel at the site with the input from line managers and the support of Admin coordinator.
- S/he trains managers on how to realize performance appraisals and makes sure they are done in a timely manner.
- S/he compiles training needs for the national staff and communicates them to the Admin Coordinator.
- S/he handles the management of interpersonal conflicts that arise on his/her site and refers the matter to the Field Coordinator and/or the Admin/HR Coordinator based on the need.
- S/he ensures a follow up of employees’ careers for the national staff, in collaboration with the managers
- S/he provides regular refreshment trainings on PUI internal regulation and policies, including Anti-Fraud and Corruption Policy, Child Protection Policy, Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- S/he promotes PUI policies dissemination and implementation in the workplace and ensures the staff understands the procedures for reporting any breach.
- S/he promotes the implementation of staff care and wellbeing activities, along with NI Field Coordinator and Admin team.
- S/he is the guardian of the image of PUI in his/her area of operation, and in that capacity ensures that the entire staff under his/her authority displays behaviour consistent with the values upheld by the organization.
S/he is responsible of archiving the HR files at the base level and their regular transmission at the coordination.
- ENSURE FINANCIAL, BUDGETARY, ACCOUNTING AND ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT OF THE BASE
- S/he works in collaboration with the Admin Coordinator to set up aspects related to finance, including budgetary, accounting and treasury elements in Dohuk base as well as Mosul base.
- S/he supervise the Base Cash and Bank Books for each currency, including the daily management of the cash boxes, carrying out the cash counts and verifying the bank reconciliations each month for all the bases in NI.
- S/he ensures the setting up and proper use of tools and procedures for financial, accounting and budget management in NI bases, including but not limited to accounting procedures, accounting records, SAGA, budgets follow up, allocation tables, budget projections, cash forecasts, cash management and cash security.
- S/he is responsible for the budget follow-up and costs optimisation, supporting the other Admin Managers in ensuring the adequate financial resources are available and the appropriate estimation of project implementation needs.
- S/he monitors bank balances to ensure sufficient funds are always available depending on program needs, ensuring timely treasury requests to coordination office.
- S/he consolidates the monthly accountancy books from all the sub-bases in NI and validating the entries, closing the accountancy and sending it to Coordination as per the agreed deadlines.
- Ensure all the bases are updating their cash and bank book on regular basis.
- As regards with budgetary monitoring, s/he participates in team-based analysis (along with technical, administrative and logistics management) and is responsible for detecting anomalies and proposing adjustments to the Field Coordinator and the Admin Coordinator.
- S/he ensures that accounting entries are completed in compliance with internal rules, and communicated to the Admin Coordinator according to the agreed calendar, after endorsement by the Area Coordinator.
- Together with the Admin Coordinator and the Field Coordinator, s/he tracks the cash flow for all bases in NI, and oversees disbursements.
- Together with the Admin Coordinator and the Field Coordinator, s/he ensures that a system of internal oversight is in place in all bases. S/he ensures compliance with procedures for undertaking expenditure commitments and participates in the process of endorsing purchase orders.
- S/he is the guardian of the bookkeeping, and in that capacity makes sure that cash balances and bank accounts (if applicable) are absolutely and permanently backed up by appropriate accounting documents.
- S/he ensure the proper archiving of the accounting documents, for both the physical and the digital archive. Periodically, and in line with agreed timelines, s/he arranges the shipment of physical archives to coordination.
- S/he is responsible for building the national staff capacity on cash and bank book process, and the use of the Financial Follow up tool.
- S/he organises and provides training to the administrative national staff in the three bases on Finance department tools and procedures, making sure that procedures are understood, and tools applied.
- S/he organises the preparation of audits at base level, under supervision of the Admin Coordinator.
- S/he supervises the preparation and submission of annual financial report
- S/he contributes to the preparation of proposals drafting the budgets for the base/s.
- S/he ensures NI Admin department remains accountable for the work, ensuring that decisions are taken in a transparent manner and all supporting documents are in place.
- S/he conducts frequent visits to Mosul base to ensure the proper monitoring, identification of training needs and capacity building of the Admin department.
- ENSURE REPORTING AND DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION
- S/he ensures efficient flow of information to the Admin Coordinator, and at NI level to the Field Coordinator, the Programme and Logistics teams.
- S/he drafts or participates in the drafting of reports on internal operations in all matters concerning his field of action in financial, budgetary, accounting and HR management of the mission.
- S/he supports the base manager(s) in the performance of their administrative activities, in a functional, not hierarchical, relationship (if applicable).
- S/he sends the internal and external reports to the immediate supervisor, while meeting internal deadlines for endorsement (monthly logistical reports / accountancy/ returns on budgetary monitoring / cash flow estimates).
If necessary, s/he represents PUI with partners, local authorities and various actors involved in the financial, administrative, legal and human resource aspects of the mission.
- ENSURE THE MANAGEMENT OF THE ADMINISRATIVE DEPARTMENT
- S/he ensures the direct supervision and management of Finance Officer and Admin assistant in Dohuk, as well as Admin officer in Mosul base, and indirect supervision of the admin officer in Mosul base.
- S/he ensures the setting of objectives to be achieved by the administrative department and tracks their realization and leads the mid-term and final staff appraisal.
- S/he contributes to the decision-making process regarding any termination of employment contracts.
- S/he ensures or delegates responsibility for the integration of new staff within NI administrative department, ensuring the relevant tools and procedures, and PUI policies are well understood.
- S/he prepares the job profiles of local staff under his/her immediate supervision.
She ensures the follow-up of visa procedures (new submission and extension) and of any procedures with local authorities in collaboration with the Admin Coordinator, Field Coordinator and Head of Mission whenever relevant
- How to apply In order to submit an application, all candidates are invited to fill the google form Premiere Urgence will proceed to the preselection of candidates on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the advertisement as soon as a candidate is identified for the position. Therefore, you are kindly invited to submit your application as soon as possible. Kindly note that all applications received by email or by paper will not be considered. Only those submitted through the application link will be processed. Premiere Urgence International thank you for your interest in the organization.”