EXTERNAL / INTERNAL
VACANCY: Administrative Assistant 1
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff to support its operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex, and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness, and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times.
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- The competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, IRSP (International Retirement savings plan), medical coverage, life insurance, a mobility allowance, and social security scheme).
Job Title: Administrative Assistant 1
Duty Station: Baghdad Delegation
Reports to: Executive Assistant & Information Management Officer (EAIMO)
Duration of Contract: Fixed term contract with a possibility for renewal to an open-ended contract .
Date of Issue: 02 March 2023
Deadline for applications: 15 March 2023
The staff member will act as the first person of contact in Baghdad delegation with beneficiaries and stakeholders. S/he will play an important role in supporting users in the delegation and advance the implementation of the Information Management guidelines and procedures.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcomes visitors, provides them with information and directs them to the appropriate staff member or department.
- Maintains the visitors’ logbook – recording all relevant information and managing the distribution of visitors’ badges.
- Coordinates with security officer and security guards the arrival of VIP visitors to the delegation, as well as reports issues when needed.
- Answers and redirects incoming calls as necessary.
- Takes messages and transmits telephone messages to the concerned departments.
- Ensures lines are functioning properly at all times, co-ordinates with Information and communication technologies (ICT), service desk and Information Management (IM) team when problems occur.
- Acts as Information Management (IM) first level of support to users and provides proximity support and handle requests through the proper tools and directions.
- Updates general information in databases and Team Space independently (telephone list, Internal extension list, emergency cards, etc.…).
- Provides trainings and presentations to users on Information Management tools and themes and monitors the effectiveness of their acquired knowledge.
- Applies Information Management instructions and ensures compliance with procedures.
- Keeps his/her knowledge and skills up to date on standard computer technology and software’s and any emerging thematic related to his/her function. Informs users on new information management tools in line with this job description.
- Keeps and monitors the contact lists of the Delegation up to date
- Receives and logs all incoming paper mail in the delegation.
- Translates all the incoming mail, file them properly and attributes to the concerned department.
- In collaboration with the Information Management (IM) Team, prepares, sends and receives pouches from/to different ICRC sites. Follows up the receipt confirmation messages and monitors the seals of the pouches and reports as necessary should the seal was broken before arriving to you.
- Manages the orders of the business cards of the Delegation staff members.
- Assists the Information Management (IM) team in running regular inventories for the department stationary.
- Under the supervision of the direct manager, manages the delegation external contacts by using ICRC tools.
- Creates and maintains paper or electronic files up to date (correspondences, checklists, etc).
- Prepare for meetings by setting up meeting rooms and materials, including the setup for conference calls and presentations.
- Sends travel requests for the Management and visitors, makes the required follow up in coordination with the Information Management (IM) team.
- Carries out other secretarial tasks (for example, ordering supplies/services and ensuring the required financial follow up, updating the organizational charts and other lists used in the delegation and/or ensures that it’s done by the unit in charge).
Education and Professional Experience required:
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in secretarial / administration position
- Computer skills including Microsoft suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Database management an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Awareness of the disability sector an asset.
- Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permits in Iraq.
- The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
NB: If you have not heard from us within a month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).
- How to apply How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Marked to ([email protected]) with the subject line: SURNAME First Name/Vacancy title.