The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Administration Department at Erbil Bureau in Iraq. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN’s mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support for assigned staff. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling and organizing complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Performing desktop publishing. Creating and developing visual presentations as requested
- Establishing, developing, maintaining and updating filing system for the department.
- Retrieving information from files when needed.
- Establishing, developing, maintaining and updating library of trade journals and magazines.
- Organizing and prioritizing large volumes of information and calls.
- Sorting and distributing mail.
- Drafting written responses or replying by phone or e-mail when necessary.
- Responding to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Taking messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Acting as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEO’S, Presidents, Senior Vice Presidents and Chiefs.
- Handling confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Working independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the vice president, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures.
- Typing and designing general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc.
- Proofreading copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Supporting maintenance of the department finances. Activities include: copying check requests & sending to Accounts Payable Travel reimbursement, documenting corporate credit card expenses to corporate finance.
Candidates are required to have
- Work requires an extensive knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language.
- Must have knowledge of secretarial, office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through 1+ years in related experience.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.