Job Title: Administrative Assistant at the College of Engineering
Institution: The American University of Kurdistan
Location: Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Job Type: Full-Time
Posting Date: 02/08/2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with experience
AUK invites applicants for a full-time academic administrative assistant position to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in the College of Engineering. Duties include providing support to the Dean, the faculties, and the students of CoE in assisting daily office needs.
AUK is a public, non-for-profit special status institution committed to advancing academic excellence, expanding liberal, professional, and scientific knowledge and preparing the next generation of leaders for the community. AUK envisions becoming the leading academic institution in the autonomous Kurdistan Region of Iraq and beyond through implementing pedagogical approaches that impact critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork and the lifelong learning skills required for success in contemporary society and workplaces.
This position reports directly to the Dean of College of Engineering.
AUK invites applicants for this position to be ready to start at the beginning of Fall 2022 in August.
- Provide administrative support to the College and its Departments through reception services, scheduling appointments, meetings, digitizing and filing office documents, researching files and records, and writing minutes of meetings
- Assist faculty by answering questions and providing information, locating desired information and materials
- Assist the students with add/drop/withdrawal process by filling out the related forms according to AUK policies
- Direct the students to the related academic advisors
- Provide basic and initial assistance to students with questions as per institutional guidelines and procedures
- Support the work of the College and its Departments by maintaining an inventory of office supplies, and utilizing the appropriate process to purchase goods or services
- Help to organize and conduct college/departmental events, as directed, by securing space, equipment, food, preparing invitations, announcements, agendas, brochures, and packets, purchasing awards, making travel arrangements and reservations, and assisting with the event
- Assist with the collection of credentials and other required materials during searches and scholarship/admissions cycles
- Support the administrative business functions of the College/Department by obtaining and processing textbook adoptions, creating brochures and newsletters (in conjunction with Communications), organizing the faculty evaluation process, scheduling the use of classrooms (in conjunction with Registrar), department facilities, or meeting rooms, and maintaining the security of classrooms, labs, equipment, and records
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
- Remain competent and current by attending professional development courses, software training classes, and courses and/or training sessions as directed by the Dean or required by AUK
- Support the department by performing all other duties as assigned by the Dean.
Qualifications and Experience:
- College degree preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work under direct supervision as well as independently.
- At least one year of previous similar experience is preferred.
It is the policy of the American University of Kurdistan to provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. The University promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace and makes recruiting decisions exclusively on the basis of qualifications, merit, and current work needs. This policy applies to all hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, remuneration, benefits, and training procedures within our Institution.
The search committee will begin a review of applications immediately and continue work until an appointment is made. To assure full consideration, applications should be including a letter of interest, analysis of qualifications, curriculum vitae, and three professional references with e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. References will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant. If you face any problems with the Application process, report them to the following email ([email protected]).
- Address Dohuk USD Month