Office: Office of Students Affairs
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with experience
Founded in 2014 as a non-profit institution of higher learning by Masrour Barzani, the American University of Kurdistan is dedicated to preparing future generations of leaders through curricular and co-curricular excellence in an American-style education focusing on transformative knowledge, innovative research, ethical community service, respect for inclusion and diversity, global connectedness, and life-long learning, all aiming to ensure economic, environmental, social and political advancement- regionally, nationally and globally.
The American University of Kurdistan will be recognized as a premier institution in the Middle East and beyond by cultivating academic excellence, fostering creativity, and engaging in highest caliber of applied research.
The Office of Student Affairs (OSA) supports AUK students on their path to excellence. OSA works to ensure that students graduate with a co-curricular and extra-curricular university experience that ensures their acquisition of the soft skills and leadership skills necessary to become agents of change in Kurdish society and beyond. This includes the cultivation of a dedication to purpose driven action, where students are encouraged to expand their global mindedness, inclusivity and ethical community service.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Office of Student Affairs. The person will responsible for coordinating administrative tasks ensuring the smooth operation of the Office and enhancing the overall experience of students at the University.
- Provide administrative support to the Office of Student Affairs by managing correspondence.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of student activities and events, including managing logistics, coordinating volunteers, and promoting events to students.
- Work closely with the Student Clubs and the Student Government.
- Support event organization and execution.
- Work with students with disabilities to provide them with technical support and in attaining reasonable accommodations.
- Attend meetings across the University and off-campus as appropriate to the role.
- Provide support to in-bound and out-bound study abroad programs.
- Assist in maintaining the daily/weekly/monthly calendar to coordinate the scheduling of work-related appointments, activities, and meetings.
- Assist in maintaining documents, files, and records to provide up-to-date reports for monitoring and evaluation.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees, and others.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by the Director of Student Affairs.
Qualifications & experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous administrative experience preferred; work experience in a university preferred.
- Advanced English speaking and writing skills; Kurdish and Arabic preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Skilled in organization, and time management and understands office management procedures.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Databases.
It is the policy of the American University of Kurdistan to provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. The University promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace and makes recruiting decisions exclusively on the basis of qualifications, merit, and current work needs. This policy applies to all hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, remuneration, benefits, and training procedures within our Institution.