This position will report directly to the Dean of the College of Business
The Position of Administrative Assistant at the College of Business provides support to the Dean, college administrators, faculty, students, and visitors. In order to serve the community and ensure the integrity of the College, the Administrative Assistant should maintain current knowledge of the college’s academic policies. (S)he will serve as the initial point of contact for internal and external stakeholders regarding all matters related to the College’s programs, events and academic rules and regulations
Strategic Objectives that Candidate Needs to Meet
The main objective of the job is to facilitate the working environment of college administrators and faculty and the learning environment of students and visitors.
Core Skills that successful candidate will have:
- English and Arabic oral and written communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to perform multi-task jobs
- Ability to work with sensitive information with confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office software, especially word, Excel, and PowerPoint
The responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include are to:
- Provide administrative support for the Dean
- Provide support for activities such as handling telephone communication, receiving and welcoming visitors and answering basic questions about the different programs
- Organize the logistics for college events, meetings, and college’s special activities
- Maintain files and records of faculty members and students
- Assist with the preparation of presentations delivered by the Dean
- Take minutes of special meetings held at the college as requested
Experience and Educational Requirements:
List years of experience
At least 3 years of experience in a setting of an institution of higher education
At least a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
Applications should include:
- Cover Letter.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of Passport Data information page.
- References (contact details) for up to three individuals who are familiar with your work.
- Copies of all formal academic degrees and certificates.
- Copies of your Transcripts.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please apply through AUIB website OR send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: [email protected]
If an applicant has any relatives working at AUIB this must be disclosed in writing in the cover letter.
If you have not heard back from us after 3 weeks, it means that your application was not successful.
- Address Airport Road - American University of Iraq Baghdad USD Month
- How to apply [email protected]