This position will report directly to the Dean of the College of Dentistry.
The Administrative Assistant (AA) will be responsible for providing various clerical, administrative, and project support related to the daily operations of the College of Dentistry (COD). The AA will act as a first point of contact for students, in person, by email and over the phone, providing advice and guidance, and ensuring an excellent level of professionalism. The AA will also provide support through document production and organization, personnel record management, effective communications, and coordination
This position will be responsible for:
- Prepare and compose correspondence, reports, memoranda, meetings minutes, and other documents using basic and more advanced functions of computer applications.
- Answer and relay telephone calls, resolve routine inquiries, and take appropriate messages.
- Maintain records and files, including student and faculty files, to effectively manage information following regulatory guidelines and accreditations.
- Manage course offerings information and courses’ syllabi
- Assist in students’ advising and courses registration
- Gather information needed to compile and prepare reports from multiple sources following a predetermined reporting schedule.
- Coordinate and maintain calendar of events, appointments, and meetings.
Candidates for this position must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in biomedical sciences field (i.e., pharmacy, biology, health, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in management or administration will be a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Strong communication skills in English: written and oral; excellent phone manners
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner and handle them promptly.
- Familiarity with the American system of higher education.
- Problem-solving skills to adapt and flex to questions and situations that arise daily.
- Records and database management skills
- Essential knowledge in both the theoretical and practical pharmacy or biomedical sciences’ courses
- Highly proficient with common office technologies.
Applications should include:
- Cover Letter.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of Passport Data information page.
- References (contact details) for up to three individuals who are familiar with your work.
- Copies of all formal academic degrees and certificates.
- Copies of your Transcripts.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please apply through AUIB website OR send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If an applicant has any relatives working at AUIB this must be disclosed in writing in the cover letter.
If you have not heard back from us after 3 weeks, it means that your application was not successful.
- Address Airport Road - American University of Iraq Baghdad USD Month
- How to apply Please apply through AUIB website OR send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: email@example.com