EXTERNAL / INTERNAL
(German Red Cross / Under ICRC Contract)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, independent, and impartial international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff to support its operations in the Republic of Iraq.
By joining the ICRC, you will:
* Have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can make a difference.
* Work with colleagues from various professional disciplines and in dynamic and collaborative workstreams, in support of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence.
* Represent one of the most renowned international humanitarian organizations in the world, promote humanitarian values and add to your sense of fulfilment in responding to people and communities affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence.
* Benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. (An onboarding course and continuous training will be provided.)
* Receive a competitive compensation package, including a monthly salary and benefits (13th month salary, International Retirement Savings Plan, family medical coverage, life insurance, a mobility allowance as per policy, social security scheme and final gratuity).
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reporting To: Head of Office
Duty Station: Baghdad, Iraq
Duration of Contract: Fixed term contract with a possibility for renewal to an open-ended contract
Position grade (ICRC system): B1
Date of Issue: 07-02-2023
Deadline for applications: 21-02-2023
The Administrative Assistant will support the German Red Cross (GRC) projects and assist Iraqi Red crescent Society (IRCS) on every task involving the procurement and logistics within assigned projects by ensuring that the tasks of both teams (GRC and IRCS) are completed on time and following the GRC and IRCS rules and procedures as well as local laws, from preparation to delivery.
Main duties and responsibilities
Finance and Administration (F&A Manager)
* Assists the Finance & administration Manager in the Execution of Financial Procedures by Maintaining confidentiality and security of all financial documents.
* Supporting on the daily cash movement.
* Copying GRC monthly closing and vouchers .
* Tracks the completion and filing of accounting documents including invoice and voucher duly stamped, approved and signed.
* Bookkeeping of expenditures (specifically those associated with IRCS payments and advances).
* Courier original GRC vouchers & documents to Berlin and keep track of shipments.
* Enter vouchers into accounting application.
* Support the Manager in Tagging & Tracking of Inventory registry.
* Ensures that all vouchers are translated to English as per GRC criteria.
* Assist in the preparation all necessary documents for the closing operation (list of signatures and treasury situation).
* Delivery of the formal/informal communication and negotiation with our bank (letters, inquiries) prepared by the Finance & Administration Manager.
* Collecting cash from the bank and bank statements.
* Assist in carrying out a physical check of petty cash.
* Incorporating GRC delegation accounting into Funds Pro (mainly data-entry supervised by F&A Manager)
* Keeps the accounting application up-to-date at all time
Logistics & Procurement
* Provides logistics and procurement support to GRC operations in accordance with logistics standards, GRC rules, financial procedures and regulations.
* Manages the publishing and opening of tenders, including preparing tender set, sourcing suppliers for tender, analysis of offers against requirements, and preparing all files for approvals.
* Works with suppliers to plan and implement procurements.
* Prepares and/or follows up on any relevant support documents required for field activities, including Logistics Requisitions (LR), Purchase Orders (PO) and Goods Received Notes (GRN).
* Maintains and regularly updates GRC inventory using proper documentation and handover protocols.
* Arranges for the warehousing and/or transport of goods in coordination with trips into the field.
* Researches applicable import-export formalities if and when necessary.
* Maintains the basic procurement files and binders, as well as different tracking spreadsheets, and prepares for archiving.
Education and Professional Experience required
* University Degree or equivalent.
* 1 to 2 years of experience in Logistics, Finance, Administration, or relevant field.
* Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, and results driven.
* Willing to travel to areas of Iraq outside of assigned duty station.
* Fluent command of English is required and Native speaker or fluency of Arabic.
* Computer proficiency Including Microsoft Office Suit.
Please note that:
* Applications will only be accepted for Iraqi nationals.
* The successful candidate will undergo a three month-probation period.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NB: Should you not have received a response from the ICRC within one month of submission of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting or processing.
- How to apply How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates are invited to send their application to [email protected] and write in the subject line “Surname, First name/ Position Name”. The application should contain a: 1. Current Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts. 2. Cover Letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for this position and your salary expectations; and 3. Minimum of (2) two professional references.