Company Background: DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
Position Overview: DT Global is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the USAID Iraq Long Term Technical Assistance (LTTA) Program. The objective of Iraq LTTA is to provide technical assistance through one or more Transition Advisors (TAs) that support USAID to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate regional program activities, including to promote social cohesion and community stabilization efforts in Iraq. DT Global operates an independent platform in Erbil focused on providing institutional support to USAID and its primary implementing partners. The Administrative Assistant will help manage the operations and finances of the platform and assist the TAs with their administrative needs as they work to support USAID daily programmatic requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Operations and Logistics
- Book travel arrangements for staff and consultants including international flights, hotels, and local transportation to and from project office
- Assist with logistics needed for internal and external project events, such as procuring venue space and local vendors to provide food, translation services, etc
- Coordinate all transport movements by liaising with USAID, the TAs, and other implementing partners
- Other support as requested by the TAs or USAID
Procurement and Finance
- Research and maintain a list of vetted local suppliers for routine purchases
- Prepare and process procurement requests, coordinating with DT Global’s Home Office to ensure compliance with US government regulations
- Make local cash payments, obtaining receipts and documenting all purchases for reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Track office finances and submit periodic funding requests to the Home Office to replenish the project’s local account
- Assist the TAs to prepare their monthly expense reports
- Maintain a proper filing system for all important documents, including financial trackers and inventory lists
- Respond to routine requests for information by DT Global’s Home Office
- Perform other administrative duties as required by the TAs or USAID/OTI
Education and Minimum Qualifications:
- 2 – 3 years of relevant experience providing finance, operations, and administrative support
- Prior experience managing local purchases and procurement processes
- Written and oral fluency in English and Arabic
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience with USAID or other international development programs, strongly preferred
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriateand responsivemanner.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.