Why the American University of Iraq – Baghdad?
The new American University of Iraq – Baghdad (AUIB) opened in Spring of 2021. AUIB began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraqi and United States business, industry, and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With an expansive library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB is a beautiful campus attracting students, faculty, and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture.
We invite applications for Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant position involves many types of support for the Marketing and Communications Department. Duties for the position will include general clerical tasks, such as drafting documents and answering phones, as well as administrative jobs, including scheduling and project management. Also, Administrative Assistants are expected to be well-versed in best business practices. Exceptional interpersonal skills and a well-presented appearance are essential. This role will report to the Director and Associate Director of Marketing and Communications.
This position will be responsible for:
- Greeting and welcoming guests as they arrive at the office
- Directing visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Photocopying, printing, and organizing materials
- Answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls
- Ensuring reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and materials
- Providing basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receiving, sorting, and distributing daily deliveries
- Maintaining office security by following safety procedures and controlling access visa the reception desk
- Performing other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing, and faxing
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Arabic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Ability to work well under strict deadlines
- Exhibits exceptional attention to detail and strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Procedure for Candidacy:
Applications should include a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, a curriculum vitae, current formal photo, and the names and contact information for three (3) previous HR directors as a references. Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please send your application with supporting documents to the email address: