Under the close supervision of the Head of Ramadi Office (HoO), Administrative Assistant 1 will manage efficiently the Ramadi office and Ana guest house. He will lead a team of 10 security guards, 1 premises maintenance officer, and 3 housekeepers.
In addition, the successful candidate will need to deliver work of a high standard, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Under the supervision of the Head of Ramadi Office (HoO) the incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Manages the daily operation of Ramadi office/Ana guest house and the overall maintenance of these premises, ensuring that office equipment is in good working condition and cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Ensures that water and electricity payment is done on a monthly basis and consumption is recorded and updated in TS.
- Maintains a regular preventive maintenance of Air Conditioner (AC) and other equipment in Team Space (TS) and ensures that work schedule is observed.
- Maintains updated inventory of keys, cleaning/hygiene materials, office stationery, maintenance supplies, coffee break items, movable items, etc. in TS.
- Organizes and ensures premises equipment are in accordance with ICRC standard policy.
- Organizes the accommodation plan in RAD and Ana in TS.
- Sends out welcome files and accommodation plan to visitors.
- Prepares Supply Request (SR), Internal Request (IR) for purchasing needs of the site.
- Reports generator issues to BAG fleet.
- Passive security items (fire extinguishers, smoke detector, CCTV etc) are regularly checked (RAD/Ana) and documented in TS.
- Emergency food stock is regularly checked, and expired items are replaced.
- Conduct fire and earthquake drills in coordination with HoO.
- Ensures sound application of People and Culture (PaC/HR) rules and regulation within the site.
- Prepares yearly appraisals and update job description (as necessary) for staff under his responsibility.
- Prepares weekly security guard rooster and disseminate in WhatsApp group.
- Manages absences of staff under his responsibility.
- Ensures dissemination of all relevant information to uncontacted staff among their team. This ranges from relevant email correspondence directed to all staff, as well as other relevant PaC related information i.e. the code of conduct etc.
- Reports Code of Conduct violation to HoO.
- Ensures appropriate cash level for the monthly operation of the office.
- Conducts daily cash count with HoO.
- Ensures that proper approval is received, and appropriate documents are complete before expenses are paid.
- Records daily transactions in ICRC Resources Integrated Solutions (IRIS).
- Sends accounting document to BAG on a weekly basis.
- Immediately reports any irregularities (ex. cash difference) to HoO and functional manager.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- High school or professional diploma in related field (office management)
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Fluent command of Arabic (written and spoken)
- Good computer skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- At least two year’s work experience in similar position or, office management, or relevant field
- Knowledge of managing a small office structure.
- How to apply How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contact with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity; and your salary expectations. Clearly marked to ([email protected]) with the subject line: SURNAME first name/ vacancy title. • Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq. • The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period. • Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. NB: If you have not heard from us within a month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful. No Fee: ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).