Why the American University of Iraq – Baghdad?
The new American University of Iraq – Baghdad (AUIB) opened in Spring of 2021 and is now hiring for ELA Instructors for its English Language Academy. AUIB began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraqi and United States business, industry and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With a grand library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB will be a beautiful campus attracting students, faculty and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture.
We invite applications for Administrative Assistants for the ELA
Administrative Assistant positions involve all types of support for the English Language Academy. Duties for the position will include general clerical tasks, such as drafting documents and answering phones, as well as administrative jobs, including scheduling and project management. Also, Administrative Assistants are expected to be well-versed in the programs offered at the ELA as they will be discussing the courses on offer to incoming students at the front desk. Other duties may include helping faculty with photocopying or other types of administrative work in preparation for class. Good interpersonal skills and a well-presented appearance are essential.
This position will be responsible for:
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Advise students on the ELA programs
- Photocopying, printing, stapling course materials for faculty
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access visa the reception desk
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English/Arabic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service attitude
Procedure for Candidacy:
Applications should include a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, a curriculum vitae, current formal photo and the names and contact information for three (3) previous HR directors as a references, Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please send your application with supporting documents to the email address: