Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will coordinate the provision of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative services in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will help ensure stewardship of resources and a high-quality service approach are integrated into administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions.
• Help ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations.
• Engage with relevant external stakeholders (government officials, landlords, service providers, etc.) on assigned administrative matters and help ensure required authorizations and documents are up-to-date.
• Coordinate the efficient use of CP assets and rented facilities. Help ensure fully compliant procurement of office materials and asset management systems.
• Help identify safety and security issues and ensuring a safe and sound work environment.
• Coordinate the provision of travel and logistics support and services to staff and visitors. Coordinate event planning activities, including delegation visits, trainings and workshops.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
• diploma is required. Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in administrative support functions, with increasing responsibility. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
Required Languages – List languages required to perform the job (English, Arabic) with Kurdish is preferred.
Travel – include percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 50 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good planning, organizational and time management skills
• Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
• Additional education may substitute for some experience.
• Experience and proficient skills in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Key Working Relationships:
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.