With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Advisor GESI/CiE & Business Development – Erbil
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision – Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Advisor GESI/CiE & Business Development – Erbil.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Advisor GESI/CiE and Business Development reports to the Resource Development and Programs Manager. The role will provide strategic and technical leadership and programmatic integration of GESI, as well as education and child protection in WV Iraq programming. They will provide sector technical leadership and management in project and proposal design, staff capacity building, quality assurance, evaluation and documentation. The role will also require developing sector approaches and strategy, planning for project specific designs and budgets in GESI and CiE with the support from the wider teams.
- To create tools, vocabulary, and networks to mainstream GESI and CIE into programming
- Provide technical support for research programmes, ensuring GESI and CiE lens application in the design, implementation and report write up phases.
- To train and technically support Programme and Operations teams to raise the GESI/CiE capacity of all staff and key partners
- To effectively collaborate across WV, with local partners as well as donors on advocacy strategies related to GESI/CiE.
Strategy, Program & Business Development
- Meet donors to preposition for new program ideas and models based on evidence.
- Develop the technical/sectoral components of new proposals, in coordination with Program, MEAL and operations teams ensuring quality proposal submission for greater impact.
- Provide input into budget of technical components within new proposals.
- Lead in design with programs team and operations for potential new proposals around GESI/CiE based on emerging new needs and ensure documenting of evidence.
- Facilitate and ensure integration of GESI/CiE in the proposal development processes and submission.
- Lead development of Technical approaches and technical programs in alignment with strategy for new GESI/CiE projects adopting WV project models were possible.
- Identify CWBOs and associated indicators during design of new projects.
- Work closely with the MEAL (M&E) team to develop monitoring plans & assessments for CiE projects.
Support implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Provide technical supervision to field GESI/CiE staff including coaching, sharing resources and materials, revision of reports, analysing lessons, etc.
- Closely monitor implementation of GESI/CiE from a technical perspective and establish systems of measuring impact as well as documenting evidence.
- Co-lead with MEAL team the development of Evidence Building Plans (EBPs) for Technical Programs and for new projects.
- Work closely with Area based team, and project managers and coordinators and review reports before submission to donors and SOs.
- Collaborate with MEAL team in organizing learning and reflections sessions for projects to track and document evidence.
Staffing & Capacity Building
- Revise GESI/CiE JDs when needed and participate in the recruitment of relevant project and technical staff.
- Develop and revise GESI/CiE capacity building plans and share with P&C when needed.
- Provide regular feedback on performance for matrix reports if any.
- To assess, design and implement appropriate training programs to equip and upgrade knowledge and skills of GESI/CiE staff.
- Capacity build GESI/CiE teams with reference to community processes.
- Document training program results
Networking & External Engagement
- Engage in networking and coordination with external Donors, stakeholders and partners for resource mobilization and profiling WV Iraq GESI/CiE program portfolio.
- Participate in workshops, training and internal WV Iraq meetings, workshops, etc.
- Coordinate with MEER region and other relevant internal stakeholders at WV, and ensure necessary support, guidance and advice are received towards resource acquisition.
- Proactively engage with potential donors to pitch WV Iraq programming.
Learning and Research
- Participate in all GESI/CiE projects’ lessons learned events and establish a system of capturing these to inform new programming.
- Participate in design and roll out of new research proposals and initiatives of WV Iraq as needed.
- Conduct regular situational analysis of the sector and feed recommendations back to WV Iraq for decision making on future priorities.
Child and Adult Safeguarding :
- Focal point for Child and Adult Safeguarding in the Country Office.
- Responsible for the implementation of Child and Adult safeguarding policy.
- Develop and update the Safeguarding Incidence Implementation Plan (SIIP).
- Develop an Action Plan to monitor progress in safeguarding in WV Iraq.
- Closely liaise with the RO and GC to keep up to date with new policies on safeguarding.
- Conduct orientation and refreshers on safeguarding for All WV Iraq staff.
- Conduct investigations on safeguarding and close the loop in the Ethics point.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 5 years’ experience with UN / NGO and/or international organization implementing GESI/CiE program activities in emergency settings.
- Strategic, creative and innovative thinking.
- Good analytical and writing skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, influencing skills and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Effective in written and oral communication in English;
- Able to work on multifunctional tasks in the pressure of time and organizational changes;
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Three to five years of technical expertise in the areas of GESI/CiE/Safeguarding
- Experience in capacity building processes, tools and methodologies
- Two years or more INGO experience in the humanitarian and development fields respectively
- Experience in needs assessment and project design, proposal development.
- Experience in working with UN agencies, collaborating with relevant government ministries, and relevant GESI/CiE donors
- Proven experience in GESI/CiE programming in Emergency, recovery and development settings
- Excellent computer skills, familiarity with MS Word, Lotus Notes, MS Excel and Power Point would be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences/ Gender /Child development, etc.
- Master’s Degree in the following areas: Business administration, Gender/inclusion, Protection, Education, Women empowerment or any relevant field desirable.
- Experience participating in program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Experience with women economic empowerment programs, child protection, education, social inclusion and Economic Development programs.
- Experience with proposal writing and budgeting.
- Experience with Donors liaison, prepositioning and donor contract management
- Experience with working on commercial contracts desired.
- Excellent written English, with fluency in speaking Arabic and English
- The position requires 30% travel to the field location
- The position requires 30% travel to the field location
- willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally.
Applicant Types Accepted: