- Clarify the vision regarding the overall advocacy part of the project, transfer that vision to practical plan which includes clear activities with the methodology of implementation.
- Mentor the already identified 16 people (advocacy team) within the LPCs to think about the selection of the topics for the advocacy based on analysis and priorities of citizens, propose organized ideas to PAX and perform the advocacy tasks when got approval.
- Write research about the identified advocacy topics. And the methodology of implementation, including who are the supporters for the topic and how to go about it, in term of aiming the authorities.
- Whenever required, conduct further training for the Advocacy Team, on the concept of advocacy, it is goals, how to do advocacy. Additionally, trainings on negotiation skills and the art of dialogue and persuasion. Therefore, the position requires the applicant to have training delivery skills.
- In coordination with the Project Coordinator and the Advocacy Team Conduct meetings with the local authorities in each area and on the level of the province and meetings with the victims to understand the type of needs and the level of demands.
- Build relationships at multiple levels with decision-makers and influencers in government, parliament, the UN and the media to convey our priority advocacy messages and establish War Child’s reputation as a major player
- Arrange meetings and advocacy campaigns with relevant local authorities and decision makers in Province and national levels. And later on follow up with local authorities and decision makers after the meetings and advocacy campaigns to ensure the result and impact of the interventions.
- Develop policy and communications (e.g. official papers, researches) and support the production of research materials.
- Ensure effective coordination with the project coordinator and gender advocacy.
- Regularly travel to Al-Mesalla working areas (West Ninewa) in order to be update about the current situation as well as to provide advocacy training to support the capacity of the field staff.
- Conduct regular follow-up with the focal points, Local peace committees, and the beneficiaries to in ensure the effectiveness of the project implementing.
- Representing Al Mesalla at a high level as required, at meetings, events, roundtables etc – with Ministers, parliamentarians, senior UN leaders and high-profile journalists.
- Liaise with financial department and HR when it’s required.
- Perform any other task assigned by the project coordinator and Al-Mesalla Management
Qualification& preferred skills:
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and good written and spoken English. Fluency in Kurdish languages and advantage.
- At least two years’ work experience in the field of the advocacy.
- Experience working on humanitarian response/development, human rights, and other topics aligned with Al-Mesalla strategic plan.
- Education in social science, Law or journalism, or any related field
- Good computer skills (Microsoft office, email, etc.)
- Ability to write reports, plan, concept notes, and case study.
- Ability to think/operate innovatively and strategically.
Excellent representational and lobbying skills
- Address Erbil-Zanko Street
- Salary Offer N/A
- How to apply • Interested applicants must send their CV to :[email protected] with a subject :Advocacy Advisor