We are looking for senior level project implementation experience in a humanitarian/recovery context and technical expertise in Agriculture and Livelihoods. Marketing systems strengthening expertise is required.
A seasoned manager with great team leadership capabilities and experience building an innovative team, developing capacities and solutions toward higher outcomes.
The successful candidate will need to have strong stakeholder management experience, including donor engagement and experience working with government, local authorities, humanitarian actors, host community and displaced populations.
Experience with integrated programming and/or coordinating multiple sectors is also key for this position.
What you will do
As the Agriculture and Livelihoods Project Manager you will oversee the strategic direction and implementation of the Agriculture and Livelihoods programme in Central Area Offices, undertaking needs assessments; monitoring progress and evaluations, adapting existing programming to changing needs; and contributing to programme development (design and proposal development).
You will also be required to ensure the integration of livelihoods programming with other core competencies, coordinate day-to-day activities and ensure effective and efficient implementation according to NRC’s guidelines and procedures for project governance applicable for projects.
In this position you will;
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area, and Livelihoods and Economic inclusion strategies, initiate, and participate in the development of relevant Livelihoods and Economic inclusion projects.
- Coordinate and manage Livelihoods and Economic inclusion project implementation (activities, budget, and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Program Manager, Area Manager and the Livelihoods and Economic inclusion Specialist.
- Develop and manage the project budget according to NRC Financial Handbook and donor requirements and coordinate across the Core Competencies.
- Ensure that projects target project participants most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist, while promoting the rights of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs)/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Line manage staff and ensure capacity building of Livelihoods and Economic inclusion project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
Please download the detailed job description for the specific responsibilities and to learn more about the position.
What you will bring
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Specific experience and expertise in:
- Agriculture and Livelihoods.
- Marketing systems strengthening.
- livelihoods, education, protection and/or legal assistance programming is advantageous.
- policy and strategy guidance.
- team leadership – experience building innovative team culture, developing capacities and solutions toward higher outcomes.
- working with government, local authorities, humanitarian actors, host community and displaced populations (Internally Displaced People, Returnees and Refugees).
- tools and resources development – applying appropriate problem analysis tools, mechanisms, and processes at all stages of the project management cycle.
- report writing skills – including analysis, summarising, and copy-editing.
- working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Understanding of and commitment to:
- working collaboratively with technical and operational colleagues within a matrix structure, including capacity strengthening.
- integrated programming and/or coordinating multiple sectors/CCs.
- University degree or higher education relevant to the assignment (Agriculture, Agriculture economics, Agricultural Engineering is preferred).
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, is essential.
What we offer
- Duty station: Kirkuk Iraq.
- Contract: 12 months, Fixed term, renewable based on performance, funds, and need for the position.
- Travel: 50% to Hawija, Tuz, and Erbil.
- Salary/benefits: Grade 8 on NRC’s Iraq national salary scale.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
- How to apply Click on the link https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2019/job/13214