Introduction to the NCA Iraq country office:
NCA has had a presence in Iraq intermittently since 2003. Most recently, NCA re-opened its country office in northern Iraq in 2014 in response to the crisis resulting from the invasion by the IS.
NCA Iraq is implementing a Peacebuilding and gender-based violence (GBV) program designed to facilitate the recovery and reintegration of survivors into their communities and challenge the cultural norms that perpetuate GBV.
NCA implements its GBV programs in (Alqush, Sinjar Town, Sinjar Mountain, Sinuni, And Tel Kaif/Mosul)
- AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Agriculture officer core responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- The Agricultural Officer is responsible to navigate and update the operational costs associated with the upgrade of classic greenhouses to hydroponic system. This includes forecasting the expenses involved in transitioning from a conventional to a hydroponic greenhouse system.
- Install a hydroponic system for the two greenhouses, with dimensions of 7 by 6 meters (one in Sinjar Mountain and one in Sinjar town).
- To conduct capacity building for NCA’s Agronomist, to build their capacity to possess the necessary skills and competencies to effectively manage activities related to the hydroponic systems.
- Facilitate skill enhancement endeavours for NCA staff, encompassing both agronomists and agricultural workers.
- Provide weekly detailed reports on activity progress. This report should encompass completed tasks, achieved milestones, challenges faced, and plans for the upcoming week. Upon the conclusion of the contractual agreement.
- Participate on behalf of NCA in both national and district-level meetings, ensuring effective dissemination of project information to pertinent stakeholders.
- The agriculture officer is responsible for overseeing Greenhouses related activities, including tracking the needs of greenhouse, report, communication with NCA related sectors, etc.
- Travel to disputed area and stay overnight at NCA guesthouse in Sinune.
- the agriculture officer should alert NCA of any factors that might pose a threat or challenge to the successful execution of the project. These could include uncertainties, external factors, resource constraints, installation issues, or any other potential obstacles for alternative approaches, resources and reallocation to be planned accordingly.
- Additional responsibilities may be delegated by the supervising manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, and hydroponic installation.
- More education and experience may be preferred in this field.
- Additional certifications may be required.
- Strong research, decision-making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods in field and greenhouses.
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and knowledge of working with NGOs in agriculture programs and hydroponic installation.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Critical thinker, problem solver, flexibility, and creativity in planning.
- Excellent one-to-one and group communication /information presentation skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Experience working with women and girls who experienced conflict and stress.
- Monthly salary
- Mobile and Internet credit
- Office needs
- Health Insurance
Information about the position: NCA is seeking to hire a part-time agriculture officer in the Duhok/Sinjar Region (Sinjar town and Mountain)
Information about the contract: This is a part-time position of 10 months contract with the possibility of extension.
We encourage all qualified persons to apply for a job with us, regardless of gender, age, disability, or cultural background. Through our recruitment portal, you can register and submit your CV, write an application / cover letter and attach relevant certificates.
Only applicants using this electronic portal will be considered for the position.
Applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis.
Before you apply:
We kindly ask you to carefully read the ACT Code of Conduct for the prevention of misconduct, including corruption, fraud, exploitation and abuse, including sexual; and to ensure child safeguarding and the Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse and Child Safeguarding policy before you submit your application. If you are the selected candidate for this position you will be asked to complete and sign our Code of Conduct and Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse, and Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Address Duhok, Sinjar Area
- How to apply Please Apply through below link: https://ncaco.recman.no/job.php?job_id=359883