In direct support of the Agriculture Coordinator, the Agriculture Officer will oversee a particular portion of the agricultural activities as assigned by the Agriculture Coordinator. The Agriculture Officer will ensure smooth running of relevant programmatic activities and support in M&E and reports as tasked. The Agriculture Officer will perform all other tasks and responsibilities as assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
- Oversee the smooth, timely, and quality implementation of assigned agricultural activities with a degree of autonomy but in close coordination with the Agriculture Coordinator.
- Troubleshooting challenges within assigned activities and presenting proposed solutions to the Agriculture Coordinator.
- Supporting in the design and implementation of beneficiary training initiatives.
- Follow up with beneficiaries weekly and provide training and agricultural support for beneficiaries during planting seasons.
- Support the Agriculture Coordinator in creating and carrying out programmatic plans for implementation, beneficiary selection, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- Support in the drafting of standard operating procedures, beneficiary agreements and contracts, curricula, and other relevant programmatic documents.
- Follow SP, humanitarian, and programmatic standards of quality and excellence.
- Assist the Agriculture Coordinator in compiling and drafting reports, financial documentation, beneficiary documentation, and other business related programmatic documents.
- Coordinate with the various departments (IT, HR, Finance, etc.) as requested to ensure the smooth implementation of assigned duties.
- Provide the Agriculture Coordinator with regular updates on assigned agriculture activities and team.
- Complete other activities as directed by the Agriculture Coordinator.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-started and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematical skills.
Education / Experience Needed
- University degree in Agriculture, Animal husbandry or related field.
- Experience designing and leading training for youth and adults.
- At least five years of relevant work experience.
Kurmanji Kurdish, Arabic, and English required.
- Address Sinjar, Snuni