This is a position of Erbil based national specialist to support the Japanese expert team for the “Capacity Development Project for Agriculture Research and Extension” funded by JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency), from October 2022 till September 2026.
The office will be located in Erbil, inside the MoAWR (Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources) of Kurdistan Regional Government.
He/she will be expected to provide agricultural technical and operational support to the JICA Expert Team (Japanese specialists) . He/she will participate as one of the team members of the expert team, and provide support for all aspects of surveys and capacity development activities to be conducted by Japanese Agricultural/ HRD experts in the field of Agriculture research and extension in KRI.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Prepare technical documents of the project such as baseline survey plan/ report, sample research plans, technical meeting reports, research manuals, training manuals etc. in English.
- Conduct the baseline survey of the project in coordination with the Japanese Expert Team and the counterpart
- By assisting Japanese Experts and Counterparts, prepare detailed plans of the capacity development activities(in the field of Agriculture Research and Extension) and support implementing them.
- Provide trainings and daily guidances to the agricultural researchers in the counterpart organizations (MoAWR and Agriculture Research Centers in KRI)
- Support Project Management/ Task Management of the survey/ capacity development/ research activities.
- Support communication between Japanese experts and counterparts (MoAWR and Agriculture Research Centers in KRI) in daily communication and online/ written communication as technical interpreter/ translator.
- Coordinate with the counterparts (MoAWR and Agriculture Research Centers in KRI) and other partners (Government agencies, Donor agencies, INGOs, farmers etc.)
- Ensure compliance with local regulations and law and ensure any key issues are escalated to the managers.
- Any other tasks requested by the employer.
Line manager: Japanese Expert Team (Agriculture and HRD specialists)
Staff reporting to this post: None
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- Master Degree in Agriculture is necessary. During the selection process, we will ask you to provide a copy of your master thesis/ research paper in English.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience (in the government or international agencies, INGOs. )
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills in English, Kurdish (Sorani, Badini) and Arabic.
- Very good level of Academic/ Research paper writing competencies (in English)
- Proficient knowledge and practical skills to conduct research/ train researchers in the Agriculture field.
- Proficient in project management and use properly the standard work tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Zoom etc. )
- Very Good interpersonal communication ability and attitude to work as a team.
- Sense of accountability and transparency to ensure all the activities comply with JICA and the employer’s policies and practice with respect to code of conduct.
- The office work hours will be basically the same as government offices, but attitude and practice to complete the assigned tasks regardless of the official work hours would be requested (Evaluation will be result-oriented).
- Some traveling within the Kurdistan Region of Iraq would be required. (Travel expenses and daily allowance will be covered by the Project apart from the salary.)
First contract will be till September 2023 with 3 months probation period.
After that, the contract will be renewable annually till September 2026, depending on the satisfactory result of the annual evaluation/ review.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV (English, PDF) and a copy of Master degree certificate (related to agriculture) by the closing date.
- Important Note: Only the applicants with Master degree (related to agriculture) will be eligible for this position. Apply with a copy of Master degree certificate.
- The CV file name should include your full name.
- CV should include a brief introduction of the Master Thesis/ Research Paper written by the candidate.
- Short listed candidates will be required to submit a copy of the master thesis/ research paper in English.
- The e-mail address for the application: [email protected]
- Title the e-mail as “Agriculture Research Specialist_(Your full name in English)”
- Include the cover letter (motivation statement together with summary of your relevant experiences) in the main body of the e-mail in English.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Address Erbil USD Month
- How to apply Read the final pargraph of "Job Description"