Role and responsibilities:
- Organize and lead technical needs assessments, focus group discussions, contractor meetings, and technical discussions with stakeholder.
- Supervise the beneficiary selection in accordance with the technical project selection criteria.
- Prepare informational materials for project beneficiaries in regards to BoQs and scope of works Develop training materials related to proper installation of materials.
- Organize and lead the supervision and monitoring contractor work, works carried out by Daily/Incentive labor and/or repairs done by the beneficiaries themselves.
- Consolidate site level BoQs for inclusion in procurement documents. Ensure that content specifications are precise and work with logistics to obtain samples as needed.
- Prepare the production of site level BoQs and BoQ amendments. Collaborate with PC on development of standardized BoQs.
- Prepare project level scope of work and prepare site/unit level Scope of Work. Collaborate with PC on development of standardized BoQs.
- Develop technical specifications for materials and construction activities in coordination with Project Coordinator. Prepare Technical designs as required.
- Track and record information related to project beneficiaries, handle requests and complaints in regards to technical aspects of implementation as directed by Project Coordinator and M&E unit.
- Carry-out field level coordination with contractors and/or Daily/Incentive Labor in areas of project implementation.
- Organize and lead field level M&E activities specifically related to the technical aspects of project implementation and develop lessons learned documentation related to technical implementation.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
- Post-secondary technical education or higher in engineering, architecture, construction management or equivalent.
- At least two years experience in a technical responsible position in an NGO (preferred), or in an International company.
- Proven experience in developing and following through on technical implementation of construction project.
- Experience in documenting progress of construction related activities.
- Experience in monitoring construction activities/contractors ensuring that technical standards are adhered to during implementation.
- Experience in developing BoQs, BoQ Amendments, Scope of Work, Technical specifications of materials and construction activities.
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience in coordinating the technical aspects of implementation activities carried out by contractors.
- Knowledge of the context in (Iraq) specifically in regards to the technical aspects of the shelter and infrastructure needs in the area of implementation.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Basic understanding of concept note, proposal and report writing
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel and CAD. Knowledge of Microsoft Project and other design programs is a plus.
Contract Duration: 12 months ( with the possibility of extension).
Duty Station: Anbar (Ana)
Health Insurance is provided.
Salary: G5/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For more information please read Job Description
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
- Address Ana