Mission Essential is accepting applications for Local – Language Contractor linguist candidates interested in a Proposal bid for future work who can speak, read, and write in Kurdish, Arabic-Iraqi, Arabic (MSA), and English who can provide foreign language support to Contingency Operations in support of the U.S. Military in various overseas locations supporting CENTCOM AOR, specifically in Iraq.
- Support their assigned unit up to 7 days per week for a minimum of 8 hours per day, which can be extended to 12 hours or longer depending on mission requirements.
- Speak, Read, and Write in clear and concise grammar and pronunciation the required languages, Kurdish, Arabic-Iraqi, and English.
- Have the ability to conduct consecutive, accurate translation and interpretation of on-going conversations and/or activities.
- Have the familiarity with and ability to conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs.
- Have the ability to deal inconspicuously with local populace if necessary.
- Be willing and able to live and work in harsh environments, to include living and working in temporary facilities as mission dictates.
- Have the ability to serve in a combat zone if necessary.
- Have the ability to function effectively and efficiently during extended periods of high pressure and stress.
- Pass required Medical and Security Screening
- Score a minimum ILR level 3 in Arabic Reading &Writing
- Score a minimum ILR level 3 in Arabic-Iraqi Speaking and Listening
- Score a minimum ILR level 3 in Kurdish Speaking, Reading, Writing, and Listening
- Score a minimum ILR level 2+ in English Speaking, Reading, Writing, and Listening
- Local Language Contractor/LNL living in Iraq.
- Minimum of 2 years supporting US Military contingency operations or linguist experience