Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Area Support Engineer – Mechanical Static on a 4×4 rotational basis for one of our projects located in Iraq.
Candidates must have an experience in Onshore upstream facility oil and gas OR Offshore Oil and Gas. In Oil Terminal OR Oil Refinery
- Providing daily Engineering support to the South Rumaila Operations (7 x Degassing Stations, Multiple Pipelines, Tanks Farms, Booster Pumps, Separators etc) and being the first point of contact for any Process Engineering queries from the area operations team.
- Working closely with Optimisation and production teams to identify debottlenecking opportunities & constraints and initiating debottlenecking projects as necessary.
- Performs Mechanical/ Instrument Engineering calculations and sizing or guiding others in sizing of the equipment needed to process gas and crude oil.
- Develop or lead others in developing/ improving/ modifying Work packs, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, ISOs and Major Equipment Data Sheets.
- Prepare MOCs, EQs and detailed engineering design documentation including calculations, SOW, specifications, datasheets, reports, drawings etc.
- Lead/ Participate internal HAZOP, What-If Risk Assessment, Hazard Assessment, Operations Risk Assessment (ORA) and LOPA studies in ROO.
- Lead/ Coach Local National Engineers (Instrument, Process and Mechanical Eng.), managing performance, schedules and daily tasks.
- Lead/ participate in 5-Whys Investigations of Root cause Analysis (RCA)
- Prepare engineering design documentation for concept, front end and detailed design stages of assigned projects.
- Assumes Single Point Accountable (SPA) for the front-end definition of various technical changes originating from operational work scopes. Carry out Site Surveys, preparation of Basis of Design, SOR’s, EQs response and MOC development.
- Working closely with operations personnel (e.g. Operations Manager, Operations Team Leader, Ops advisors, Site Engineers and HSE personnel) to define and lead where necessary on the following key aspects of process safety:
- Operational Risk Assessment
- Pre-start up Safety Review (PSSR)
- Act as custodian of the station capacity and safe operating limits.
- Promote a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
- Champion the Client nationalisation program by identifying & mentoring Iraqi nationals.
- Acting as a central engineering team representative with the accountability of maintaining discipline regarding mechanical standards, codes and practices in the area.
- Ownership of equipment health and monitoring in support of area reliability targets
- Supports the central M&E teams in developing and delivering reliability improvements
- Support the execution of work in accordance with the Control of Work standards
- Support the delivery of the Maintenance & Engineering Vision, Strategy and Priorities
- Support maintenance and project teams to deliver integrity improvement initiatives within assigned facilities
- Oversee equipment overhauls and installations to ensure work is carried out to high standards
- Coordinate with Production/Operations staff to identify/prioritize and schedule MOC activities
- Advise and coach a multi-disciplined Iraqi Engineering/Operations/Maintenance workforce at assigned assets
- Ensure PID’s and mechanical documentation and drawings are up to date
- Identify areas of improvement in safety, reliability, and efficient execution of work
- Provide assurance on engineering compliance with applicable Standards, Specifications, Codes and Regulations. Ensure that non-conformities and temporary deviations are identified
- Provide procurement engineering support for material requisition development, bid evaluations and supplier documentation reviews.
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up.
- Extensive and relevant industry experience in static mechanical activities across the full value chain of hydrocarbon and water production operations. Experience in brownfield engineering, reliability, and strong technical leadership with influencing capabilities.
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required.
- To attend weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for Mechanical Team Lead/Engineering/Project Manager as required.
- Mentoring/Training of Iraqi National colleagues
Skills / Qualifications
Technical / Business Skills:
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of mechanical engineering design and analysis.
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards
- Candidate to demonstrate familiarity with all relevant industry codes, standards and practices (API, ASME, ISO), for piping, pipeline, valves & piping equipment, static equipment and rotating equipment.
Business & Industry Experience
- 16 years experience in the Oil and Gas industry preferred but consideration will be given to all applications with more than 10 years relevant experience
- 5 years’ experience in International multicultural Operational roles across the full value chain of hydrocarbon and water production facilities. Experience in brownfield engineering, reliability, and strong technical leadership with influencing capabilities.
- Onshore upstream facility oil and gas
- Offshore Oil and Gas
- At an Oil Terminal
- At an Oil Refinery
- Degree relevant to mechanical engineering
- Ability to speak Arabic would be beneficial but not essential
- Sound supervisory and organisational skills
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills
- An active listener with the ability to focus on key requirements to achieve overall successful outcomes
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!
- Address Basrah USD Month