ARMY PBL: U.S Army Tank Engine Field Service Engineer
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will:
Field Service Engineer (FSE) needed for the KBR location at Camp Taji Iraq. The contract is for 6 months on site at Camp Taji with potential option years. There will be a two-week training at Ft Hood Texas prior to deployment. The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will provide full time on-site technical support to the Western Tracked Facility and their maintenance elements. In this position the FSE is responsible for providing expertise that supports the operation, diagnosis, and repair of the AGT1500 gas turbine engine. The FSE must communicate effectively with personnel at all levels and provide timely feedback to enable informed decisions.
The FSE must be able to interface effectively in a team environment by communicating with Honeywell engine and logistic support groups. The FSE may be required to attend meetings or to perform diagnostic and hands on repair activities at various locations with-in the assignment area and on occasion throughout the continental United States or in support of US military elements Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) in support of the program at the request of the customer (TACOM) and/or Honeywell. The FSE shall become familiar with applicable US Army publications and Honeywell processes pertaining to the repair of the AGT1500.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide technical support to the using units on day-to-day basis pertaining to operational and training issues regarding AGT1500 engine operation, vehicle interface and sub-assembly diagnostics and repair • Interface with Customer Support Engineering regarding technical issues beyond the FSE’s expertise level needed to maintain unit operational readiness.
• Establish a solid rapport and formal communication processes with using unit leadership and maintenance personnel, Honeywell Customer Support Engineering, Project Engineering and Field Support Management.
• Provide Honeywell customer support engineering a written Monthly Activity Reports, quarterly fleet status reports and field service reports via the fact based maintenance data base
• AGT1500 and platform specific training is provided for all FSE’s. The level and duration of provided training for new FSE’s are commensurate with demonstrated FSE knowledge and experience.
• Proficiency in blueprint and technical manual interpretation.
• Analytical skills to elicit and diagnose relevant data for technical definition and resolution.
• Have sufficient technical capabilities to provide and measure continuous improvement in an environment where the customer has limited experience with the product.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency in using component design and test data, evaluate components for damage and serviceability, component rejection criteria for service revealed difficulties, and for repair/modification of equipment and components.
• Basic mechanical aptitude and ability to perform engine repairs.
• Be able to provide technical instructions for depot personnel and, as required, assist in interpretation of the overhaul manuals. Also facilitate troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment and special tools used in support of AGT1500.
• Ability to work with customers at levels ranging from shop floor mechanics to senior leadership in the investigation, reporting, and resolution of issues.
• Strong problem-solving, interpersonal, and teaming skills.
• Ability to establish credibility and maintain strong personal relationships with customer contacts based on knowledge and personal integrity. Strong customer focus and service orientation, • Utilize time management skills to manage conflicting priorities.
• Exhibit sound independent judgment in assessing and resolving complex technical and operational problems.
• Ability to work as a team member with other members of the Customer Team to drive customer satisfaction and business growth objectives.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with computers and MS Office suite of software packages.
• Six Sigma Greenbelt certification is desired.
• As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain local base access and security clearance if required by project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline. – In lieu of degree, 11 years of AGT1500 or directly related other gas turbine engine experience.
- 5 years repair and test experience on the AGT1500 or other gas turbine engine model is desired.
- 5 years of experience with specific AGT1500 or other gas turbine engine model operational, troubleshooting capabilities and practical maintenance experience is also desirable.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN TAJI, IRAQ.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability, and our Zero Harm culture.
These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of team’s philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer.
We Deliver – Together.