Do you enjoy being part of team that provides high-quality engineering for our customers?
Do you enjoy being a part of a successful team?
Join our Team!
Industry Energy technology (IET) part of Baker Hughes Company operates across 120 countries and serves the entire energy value-chain and industrial sector. We hold an extensive portfolio of rotating equipment, process flow, transmission technology and lifecycle services. Our mechanical Engineering Team uses cutting-edge technology to design gas and steam turbines, compressors and expanders.
Partner with the best!
As an Asset Support Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Providing consultation and technical clarifications to the Baker Hughes Field Service Engineers and customer asset support engineers during site activities, including installation, maintenance, commissioning, and start-up.
• Providing engineering support, to teams working both on site and HQs.
• Making recommendations after analysis of the data using quality tools.
• Protecting the Intellectual Property rights of the Company.
• Attending customer meetings.
• Being responsible of continuous tracking of technical issues relevant to Customer installed fleet, providing support to experts in issues resolution through interaction with Customer, data collection, and relevant information gathering.
• Attending projects internal design review for new units and upgrades projects, focusing on installation and commissioning.
• Coordinating multidisciplinary Engineering team (Regional technical support, HQ technical support, Product engineering etc.) to expedite issues resolution and root cause analysis (RCA) completion, assuring a proactive approach in line with Customer’s expectation.
• Setting up operating rhythm for the assigned projects with Customer (periodic calls, site visits and coordination meetings) to discuss technical issues and tasks, to understand Customer needs, share progresses, agree dispositions and paths forward.
• Initiating and promoting new lesson-learnt introduction to proactively improve fleet operations and to feed products improvements into new designs.
• Providing technical support to other functions (Project Management, Contract Performance Management, Field Services Engineering etc.) and Customer in outages upfront planning and during execution. This may include review of technical bulletins, collection/analysis of asset/design variation to issue “As Running” documentation, coordination of failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA), technical risk abetment plans and Red Flag Reviews.
• Providing/discussing with Customer maintenance recommendation based on fleet operating experience, review maintenance operations and practices to improve availability.
• Leading special tasks/initiatives like site surveys, fleet health checks, fleet-tailored maintenance recommendations.
• Identifying the most effective actions / working areas, to improve the Customer fleet performances and meet Customer expectation and requirements.
• Evaluating possible retrofits / upgrades.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in rotating equipment.
- Have experience in heavy duty gas turbines and centrifugal compressors and auxiliaries.
- Have knowledge in mechanical components or control systems for gas turbines and compressors.
- Flexible to work as a rotator on 30/30 basis.
- Have fluency in English
Desired language skill:
• Have fluency in Arabic is preferred.
Desired IT tools skill:
• Good level of knowledge of MS Office package applications
• Able to easily access, download and navigate the GE business app like EDM (drawing repository) and Teamcenter (BOM repository)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
· Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
· Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
· Comprehensive private medical care options
· Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
· Tailored financial programs
· Additional elected or voluntary benefits
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.