We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic guest focused Housekeeping professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As an Assistant Executive Housekeeper you are responsible to assist the Director of Housekeeping / Executive Housekeeper in the daily operation of the Housekeeping Department and guide and develop a committed multicultural team to ensure the impeccable Rotana standards are met in all areas. The role involves bringing all the knowledge and standards required to maintain and surpass the guests highest expectations and will include key responsibilities such as:
• Inspect work to ensure proper standards of cleanliness and revise work schedules depending on the operation and occupancy
• Supervise periodic cleaning tasks and ensure proper records are kept, inspect rooms and public areas and point out areas for improvement
• Recommend rooms that need spring cleaning or maintenance in coordination with Engineering and Front Office
• Coordinate repairs and maintenance with Engineering and ensure that proper records are kept for rooms as in a Room History record
• Determine discards of linen, towels, blankets and all other worn out items and recommend new purchases as and when needed
• Ensure that uniforms are proper and order new uniforms as and when needed
• Keep an open channel of communication with subordinates and superiors on a daily basis
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should be a college / university degree graduate with at least three years previous management experiences within the Housekeeping Department of a hotel. Technically you will have fluency in both written and spoken English, whereby additional language skills would be a definite benefit and knowledge of Micros / Opera coupled with administration and organizational computer literacy skills are an essential.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally strong professional with an eye for detail and a passion for high quality hotel keeping. You will be a self motivator, flexible and creative in order to develop innovative options in the best interest of guests and the hotel and should possess following additional competencies:
Understanding the Business
Planning for Business
Drive for Results