Ankawa Humanitarian Committee (AHC) is a local, non-governmental, faith-based Organization established in February 2020, directed towards the fundamental challenges of humanitarian and development work facing our long-suffering communities.
AHC is guided by its core values of Humanity, Service, and Mercy to reach its vision of building a community where every citizen can live and worship freely and safely, prosper economically, have full access to education, and participate fully and responsibly in their country’s life.
Provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective, and efficient project administrative activities in support of the Ankawa Humanitarian Committee (AHC) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of project resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation of project activities.
- Contribute to the development and fulfillment of Project Monitoring and Evaluation Plans.
- Draft project reports (including but not limited to regular progress and comprehensive annual reports).
- Visit regularly and on-demand basis beneficiaries’ businesses who received support for implementation to monitor the project progress and clarify the related issues on the ground.
- Follow the latest international and national development in climate change and circular economy-related fields.
- Maintain regular contact with beneficiaries to ensure relevance and quality of project’ outputs.
- Develop and prepare materials for awareness sessions, and social media campaigns that comply with the project goal and are in line with the national and international climate action updates.
- Coordinate training sessions, awareness sessions, and other activities or events.
- Create an environmental calendar and follow regional and international climate and environmental events.
- Facilitate communication with all members of the project team, relevant staff in other departments/teams, and external stakeholders as relevant. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/faxes/letters/documents
- Perform any additional required activities to ensure an efficient project outcome.
- Travel independently between different areas in the KRG region.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Economics, Development Studies, or another related field. A Professional Diploma/Certificate or courses in Administration is a plus.
- Experience in agriculture, environment, climate change, or related field is an asset.
- Experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO is a plus.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
- At least 2-3 years of related professional experience.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions and results-oriented.
- Thorough understanding of legislative and regulatory policies.
- Knowledge of processes related to environmental management and climate change.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
Required Languages English, Arabic, Kurdish
Travel Required (25% of the time are expected in assigned field locations).
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Field Assistants
- Internal: Project Coordinator, Project Director, MEAL Department
- External: Partners, Archdiocese, and legal entities.
- Team and Personal Growth
- Strategic Thinking
- Efficient Communication and Triumphal Teamwork
- Accountability and Transparency
- Commitment and Loyalty to AHC mission
AHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- How to apply [email protected] Please indicate the job title of the position that you apply to.