Post Number : 5IQED0020PA
Grade : P-2
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Erbil
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 05-DEC-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Duration of contract: 1 year with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
In July 2022, UNESCO and KOICA signed the project “Enhancing Employability for Vulnerable Youth in Ninawa, Iraq”, The aim of this project will be to enhance the employability of graduates in relevant economic sectors meeting the needs of the labour market in Ninawa through employment-oriented training programs based on updated curricula and upgraded facilities of Mosul Vocational Training Centre and two Vocational schools.
In the framework of this project, the incumbent shall manage, support, coordinate and implement all aspects of outputs of the project, including:
1) improve the quality of provision of training within the 3 Centres of Vocational Excellence,
2) Improve private sectors links through tailored support services, private sector participation in provision, and
3) Improve TVET provider infrastructure as a platform for demonstrating and setting TVET standards for excellence nationally.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Education, and the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO Office for Iraq, the incumbent will work as part of the Education and the main responsibilities includes the following, but not limited to:
● Guide the implementation and management of the Project;
● Provide technical assistance and capacity development to partners;
● Manage human resources and financial resources of the Project;
● Oversee the monitoring and reporting of the Project within UNESCO and to the Donor.
● Oversee the people and financial resources of the Project
● Coordinate between the different Implementing Partners and manage work of the Steering Committee
● Prepare reports, briefings, presentations and other materials
● Manage advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
● Undertake missions as necessary for project implementation in Iraq and elsewhere.
● Assist with other tasks in the Office, as requested by the Director and/or Chief of Education
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in Education, Social Sciences, Civil Engineering or closely related field(s).
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional experience in education, Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) or closely related fields, of which preferably least one (1) year acquired at the international level.
- Experience working on education and training or skills development projects.
- Experience within UNESCO and a good understanding of the Organization, including its administrative procedures and financial process.
- Experience in Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) for education.
- Experience in the context of Middle East countries
- Working knowledge of Korean.
- Knowledge of the other UNESCO official languages (Arabic, French, Chinese, Russian and Spanish).
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
The approximate annual starting salary for this post is USD 74, 603.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.