- Handle installation, equipment layout, integration, commissioning, testing, optimization, operation, as well as identification and maintenance of Equipment on the site.
- Regularly climb ladders and work on rooftops and may occasionally work on towers.
- Handle status monitoring systems and demonstrate ability to diagnose and solve problems.
- Check connectivity for correct functionality and optimal performance.
- Ensure adequate supply levels by inventorying stock and communicating needs to warehouse.
- Treat customers with respect, courtesy, and professionalism at all times.
- Provide daily status monitoring of assigned sites.
- Maintain and report monthly performance statistics.
- Load required tools and material into assigned Company vehicle with automatic transmission.
- May need to drive from and to site locations.
- Use hand tools to connect wires to terminals and to attach and detach various kinds of hardware to cable, etc. Work with color coded wires.
- Adhere to policies and procedures while working autonomously
- Maintain a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies.
- Follow industry codes, regulations, and standards.
Fiber Technician – Specialized Duties:
- Handle install and maintenance of fiber network service facilities between the customer-serving terminal and into the customer’s premise, as well as installation activity at the fiber hub.
- Install, remove, rearrange, program, test, troubleshoot and maintain fiber network services.
- Interpret schematic work order drawings to determine job specifications and installation needs.
- Utilize various test equipment to analyze equipment trouble and take appropriate maintenance action.
- Raising the stairs and set it on the columns.
- Installation the fiber optic cable.
- Drilling the Underground and casting after completed the work.
- Support other Department for any needed extra job.
- Drilling the Underground trenches and casting after completed the work.
- Prepare the Equipment To Solve FOC Cut Off OR To Installing FOC And Taking It To The Car.
- Execution of the Team Leader Orders.
- Check and resolve the cut off for FOC on the sites.
- Check and resolve the Power Loss for FOC and The Discard and any Problem in the FOC.
- Prepare OTDR & Splicing Machine and Other Equipment, making sure that they are working satisfactory.
- Check out machines logs.
- Make sure the availability of material used for repairs.
Education: Diploma in related field with Technical Certification.
Years of Experience: A minimum 3 Years’ experience in telecommunication/or network operations industry specializing in Fiber.