The Base Assistant position acts as the primary contact person relating to Samaritan’s Purse Cornerstone Community Center base. They will work in direct support of the Community Center program by maintaining working and living quarters. They must coordinate regular generator maintenance and refueling, manage cleaning and cooking staff, and maintain active relationships with preferred vendors and local suppliers and complete payments to appropriate businesses.
- Responsible for adhering to Samaritan’s Purse logistics policy and maintaining compliance at each point throughout the logistics workflow.
- Maintains work and living quarters of the Cornerstone Community Center base and acts as focal point for all requests.
- Plans monthly meal schedule in coordination with the cook, maintaining proper documentation.
- Leads cleaning staff and manages regular cleaning schedule for all spaces and heating/cooling units.
- Maintain a good and healthy working relationship with the CCC Program Manager and the Sinjar logistics team.
- Support the team of physical assets and help with the Asset count process (Tagging all furniture/equipment upon receipt from the supplier. Updating non-expendable property inventory records and tracking the movement of furniture pieces, preparing the Asset disposal forms, etc.)
- Handles procurement for ingredients for lunch, cleaning supplies, and other base needs.
- Creates leases and service contracts and all paperwork related to them.
- Keeps inventory and creates stock reports of office, cleaning, kitchen, and laundry supplies.
- Maintains updated base tracker and conducts cost analysis of consumables.
- Maintains updated room tracker for living quarters and is focal point for guests and visitors.
- Updates staff about the work status of requests on a weekly basis.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritans Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritans Purses code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritans Purses statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation, and follow-up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
Education / Experience Needed
- Completed bachelor degree from an accredited school
- 1-2 years working with International NGOs in a logistics capacity
- Experience navigating a variety of different logistical requirements by donors
- Fluency in Kurdish, Arabic, and English is required.
- Address Sinjar