With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Business Development Expert – Kirkuk
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position supports daily implementation of the WASH business management components of the project, specifically will include facilitating business appraisals for targeted micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) supporting entrepreneurs to shape their business ideas through capacity building and business plans that address the key gaps. Business Development expert build beneficiaries’ skills and knowledge on WASH business plan development and market research through providing training sessions to the trainees to acquire skills and knowledge on starting and management of MSME/business, and Financial Literacy (bookkeeping and accounting) skills, to Enhance beneficiaries’ soft skills to effectively manage their businesses. The business development expert will also supports, coaches and mentors beneficiaries on pathways for faster sustainable growth and greater survival rates.
Quality Project Implementation
Implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets and work closely with other partners and project coordinator to catalyse best practices in the project management and implementation out Perform the daily field activities including but not limited to household assessment supervision, beneficiary selection, FGDs with communities, vendor selection and contracting, and:
- Contribute to the contextualisation of project component to local area dynamics in due consideration of conflict and do no harm to ensure the activities do not cause any harm.
- Work closely with key local government personnel, local leadership, interest groups and Programme staff in the design of appropriate strategies for target population
- Work closely target MSMES on regular basis to support them to accomplish their goals through training and mentorship
- Work closely with government actors to enhance programme effectiveness.
- Strengthen the relationships among groups members, that can enhance collaboration, continuity and sustainability
- Organize and facilitate trainings on entrepreneurship and business development skills
- Create a platform of learning and exchange of ideas and resources among MSMEs, Chamber of commerce and institutions with special focus on strengthening enterprises.
- Documentation of best practices and lessons learnt.
- Build beneficiaries’ skills and knowledge on WASH business plan development and market research through business development training
- Provide quality knowledge content on starting and management of MSME/business and Financial Literacy (bookkeeping and accounting).
- Enhance beneficiaries’ soft skills to effectively manage their businesses.
- Support, coach and mentor beneficiaries on pathways for faster sustainable growth and greater survival rates
Coordination and Capacity Building:
- Capacity building and training of staff (business coaches) on business coaching and mentorship on specific thematic areas based on capacity gaps identified.
- Coordinating closely with the chamber of commerce, relevant government ministries, WASH cluster and Emergency Livelihood Cluster
- Private sector engagement- conduct training to project beneficiaries and identify market linkages with private sector.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Regularly track project activities in coordination with MEAL
- Submit weekly/monthly report to the project coordinator
- Based on the donor requirement, support project manager/coordinator to submit required donor report
Planning and Budgeting
- Support project Coordinator to administer project budget to ensure accurate and timely budget spending
- Follow up and coordination with other departments e.g. Procurement, Security, Finance, Fleet, PDQA etc.
- Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Three (3) years of experience working experience in WASH, livelihood and economic development programs, Field experience working with communities and liaising with government departments. English required, Arabic and/or Kurdish preferred Higher education – Bachelors degree Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners Excellent organizational, analytical and report writing Strong interpersonal skills Proven ability to manage stakeholders Fluency in Arabic, English and Kurdish languages Knowledge of the displaced population profile in Kirkuk. Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure, efficient task prioritization and time management Knowledge about key elements of WASH and the interventions Ability to establish and maintain relationships with the community Use reflective practice and promote its use for learning, use critical thinking and analysis Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking Ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners Understanding of community mobilization and empowerment principles and approaches Excellent coordination skills Ability to engage in personal learning and development
Practice in community development
Training experience Experience of coordination as communicating with Government, Non-Government, organizations and other related area stakeholders. Familiar with the specific needs of women, girls for project initiation. Familiar with disability and considerate of the specific needs for the group for MSME and entrepreneurship. Possessing leadership skills to influence and encourage trainees in pursuing their goals Familiar with the principles of Do No Harm, Safeguarding, and Gender Equality and Social Inclusion policies. Fluency in English and Arabic languages.
• The position is based in Kirkuk
• The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 60% of the time.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only