Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for a CAD Drafter Designer to join our team in Basra, Iraq.
- Responsible for all aspects of CAD drafting within Facilities Surveillance section. Tasks and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Comply with all company procedures, engineering practices and other standards.
- Read and fully understand Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s), electrical Single Line Diagrams (SLDs), Cause & Effect (C&E) Diagrams.
- With minimal supervision, prepares simple to complex engineering CAD drawings.
- Demonstrates proficient skills in CAD utilizing company’s current version of AutoCad and Document Management System (Aconex).
- Demonstrates knowledge of ISA and Piping symbols.
- Proficient in identifying in field; process/mechanical equipment and instrument/piping components.
- Ability to create, modify and maintain P&ID drawings using proper drafting standards and follows Management of Change (MOC) information (MOC redline/comments) and as-built red-line comment
- Ability to interpret Engineering mark-ups and accurately make drawing corrections.
- Maintain cooperative, efficient, and good team working environment.
- Communicate, both verbally and in written form in a professional manner.
Skills / Qualifications
- At least 5 year’s industrial experience working in CAD Drafting in Upstream oil and gas industry. Previous Process / Piping / Electrical Designer experience is preferred
- Experience in piping equipment and piping components as currently used in upstream facilities including; pumps, compressors, exchangers, pressure vessels, tanks, towers, pipelines, valves, control valves, filters, Piping process codes and piping specifications.
- Field experience, able to wear required PPE on job-site for verification and as-building of drawings with other Engineers (P&ID / Facilities).
- Appropriate Engineering qualification is required with good academic credentials.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!