Job Title: Campus Services Director
Institution: The American University of Kurdistan
Location: Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Job Type: Full-Time
Posting Date: 6/9/2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with experience
To give the university community high-quality infrastructure that satisfies end users’ expectations as well as industry standards, Campus Service Director must plan, create, manage, and oversee the administration of its building facilities and other related services.
Tasks & Duties:
- Identify maintenance needs and ensure that inventory and asset management registers are kept up to date;
- Manage and control periodic maintenance of the building facilities and the yard.
- Set priorities and supervise multiple projects;
- Analyze, troubleshoots, and implement corrective measures to maintain services for the University;
- Ensure compliance with College standards and applicable regulatory codes to maintain a safe environment for students, staff, and faculty;
- Meet with staff at the beginning and end of the assigned shift. Conduct ongoing training and custodial inspections;
- Work with campus or center leadership to coordinate essential support at special events, athletic activities, department moves or changes, and/or other applicable effects the assigned staffing;
- Coordinate the resolution of problems associated with mechanical, plumbing, and fire, life, and safety alarm systems. elevators, etc.;
- Participate in identifying, recommending, and implementing opportunities for improved custodial services;
- Requisition services, supplies, equipment, and materials to ensure efficient operations of campus or center. Monitor and maintains inventories;
- Ensure that Service Requests are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and closed or referred according to department procedures;
- Develop, monitor, evaluate, and recommend improvement to processes, procedures, workflow, and/or standards, ensuring alignment with the University mission, values, goals, and objectives, and local laws and regulations;
- Manage and negotiate vendor accounts and ensure materials that are ordered are received and paid for;
- Handle negotiations and maintenance of all service contracts for a campus;
- Develop Health & Safety policies and procedures and ensure it is kept up to date.
- Ensure that University is health and safety compliant and aligned to local laws.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Campus Services Director will be responsible for but not limited to the following tasks:
- Monitoring the University for Safety Hazards and maintaining the property to eliminate defects.
- Keeping an inventory of furniture and all relevant goods, must be computer savvy.
- Marinating the Campus’ storage.
- Reporting directly to the Campus Services and Development Department (CSDD) Supervisor to discuss and resolve any occurring maintenance issues.
- Liaising with Service staff and Contractors.
- Participate in out-of-hours emergency maintenance service.
- BSc in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering (Electrical Engineering is preferred).
- Minimum 5 years of experience (experience in building maintenance is a plus)
- Extensive knowledge in building maintenance including electrical, civil, mechanical, and HVAC.
- Speaks, reads, and writes English.
- Advance knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Valid Driving License.
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
It is the policy of the American University of Kurdistan to provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. The University promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace and makes recruiting decisions exclusively on the basis of qualifications, merit, and current work needs. This policy applies to all hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, remuneration, benefits, and training procedures within our Institution.
The search committee will begin a review of applications immediately and continue work until an appointment is made. To assure full consideration, applications should be including a letter of interest, analysis of qualifications, curriculum vitae, and three professional references with e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. References will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant. If you face any problems with the Application process, report them to the following email ([email protected]).