- Provide technical guidance and support to protection staff, ensuring quality in the implementation of activities and services as well as the adherence to protection standards.
- Support the field teams with the development of technically sound (monthly & weekly) work plans, consistent with the goals and objectives of the project;
- Maintain regular and positive collaboration with colleagues to enhance synergies and ensure that intervention between the different project components is harmonized and that protection is mainstreamed into the other sectors of intervention;
- Participate in the recruitment of project staff, provide objective feedback with regards to staff performance (evaluate performance and deliverables against job descriptions), expectations and areas for growth and professional development;
- Identify capacity building needs of protection staff assessing their knowledge and skills and accordingly provide learning opportunities through training, workshops and/or simulation exercises; ensure continuous on the job coaching and mentoring;
- Support the Protection Manager in developing and/or updating protection tools and training material in order to meet the project’s requirements;
- Contribute to the development of quality internal/external reports and project proposals, providing relevant protection data, insight and analysis;
- Ensure that INTERSOS data protection, PSEA and CP policies are shared, understood and upheld by all staff in compliance with the highest standards of privacy and confidentiality;
- Establish and maintain collaborative relations with relevant partners and other project stakeholders working in the project areas;
- Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and take proactive steps to remain informed about the available services;
- Proactively participate in relevant coordination meetings, as requested by the Protection Manager;
- Other duties as assigned by the Protection Manager.
(Can be adapted to the particularities of the job location and the requirement of the specific project, but should be approved by the Protection Coordinator before advertising the vacancy).
- Manage a pool of XX case managers and supervise all activities related to individual case management (PSWN, CP, SGBV) in the area of intervention in accordance with case management steps, related tools and procedures;
- Ensure that all high-risk cases are promptly identified, directly assisted or referred to the right service provider;
- Regularly verify the status of the case management database, conduct case reviews and provide feedback to Case Managers and Workers;
- Organize regular and ad hoc case management meetings with Case Managers, to discuss complex cases and general challenges in their tasks;
- Participate in case conference meetings for high-risk cases and/or complex cases when needed;
- Conduct regular case audits, to ensure that cases meet and maintain compliance with established SOPs and minimum standards in case management;
- Ensure proper storage of sensitive data through a correct use of internal databases and case monitoring tools;
- Plan and facilitate the induction process for all newly recruited case managers and workers on protection principles, the case management process, the relevant SOPs and the data filing and storing procedures (and other relevant topics);
- Contribute to the drafting of yearly/monthly financial plan for the relevant budget lines. Ensure monthly follow up on progress of budget expenditures against financial plan and preparation of weekly liquidity plan;
- In collaboration with the Protection Manager, work closely with other organizations to ensure a smooth referral pathway;
- Receive external and internal referrals in line with set criteria and allocate them among case managers; ensure that referring agencies receive timely feedback on actions taken, when necessary and appropriate in light of confidentiality requirements;
- Provide trainings on ‘Inter-Agency Referral Form SOPs’ to other agencies working in the area depending on the need.
Education and professional experience:
- University Degree in Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience in the protection sector (of which at least 1 year in a supervisory role).
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good leadership skills
- Strong technical knowledge in protection
- High confidentiality, respect and a non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Experience developing and conducting trainings is a plus
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish (written and spoken)
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Address Salah Al Deen , Roving
- How to apply For application, please click on "APPLY NOW". Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing application on a rolling basis, the vacancy might be filled before the closing date.