Better World Organization for Community Development is a humanitarian and non-governmental organization established on 24th May 2017 in Kurdistan/Iraq. Independent and non-profit that works to advocate for peace and coexistence in the community and improve social, psychosocial and economic situation of people. The organization is focusing on women through projects which ensure protection and empowerment for them.
Under the direct supervision of (Project Management Focal Point) the (Case Worker) will perform the following duties and responsibilities.
About the Project:
The project “Providing Protection and MHPSS Services to IDPs living in Kabartu 1 and 2 Camps” seeks to increase protection prevention through awareness raising regarding protection issues specifically topics related to women and girls and response services to protection cases focusing on women and girls’ cases. Under MHPSS component the project seeks to build the resilience of the target IDPs through community based MHPSS activities and to improve the psychological well-being of IDPs through structured programs and specialized services of MHPSS. The main objective of the project is providing integrated services of protection and community based MHPSS to IDPs living in Kabartu 1 and 2 camps
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within BWO Code of Conduct, Human Resource policy, and required full commitment to the safeguarding, PSEA, ant-fraud any all other relevant polices of the organization. The policy documents will be provided on orientation day.
- Identify individual cases, assess protection risks and formulate case plans.
- Provide regular follow up and support to women, girls and families through home visits, provision of emotional support, referrals, coordination and access to services.
- Provide information and advice on existing protection and social services and how to access them.
- Work in close collaboration with the outreach workers to strengthen project relationship with the community.
- Collect and report information regarding the situation of women and girls’ risks to the organization and the working group meeting members.
- Maintain files, registers, computer databases, and records in paper or electronic format based on the principle of confidentiality.
- Use GBVIMS to report cases with the support of BWO Case Management Focal Point.
- Attend training and conferences as required under the project.
- Raise awareness about domestic violence and how it affects the family environment
- Support psychologists in preparing and conducting psycho-education sessions.
- Support psychologists in preparation and conducting suicide prevention and referral workshops for community leaders
- Approaching and counseling IDPs in the camp and providing social, and emotional support and assistance.
- Responsible for referring clients to adequate service providers outside the project capacity by using a referral pathway
- Conduct awareness-raising sessions to the community focus on topics related to violence against women and girls.
- Prepare weekly plans and reports and provide them to the management team.
- Close coordination with the project team, other service providers in the camp, and camp management. And attending relevant meetings.
- Perform any other relevant duty requested by the direct supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology or any relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in community outreach and engagement initiatives.
- Proficient in data collection procedures and obtaining participant information for organizational records.
- Strong ability to complete assigned tasks promptly and efficiently, with a proactive approach to issue reporting.
- Experience in providing on-site support during project location visits, and collaborating with project staff.
- Reliable and responsible work ethic, adhering to organizational policies and guidelines.
- Effective collaboration skills with staff and volunteers, fostering a positive and inclusive team environment.
- Address Kabarto Camp
- How to apply Interested candidates are required to send their CV to [email protected] - Deadline date for the application is Saturday 10th February 2024 11:00 PM. - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. - Please mention the title of the vacancy: (Case Worker - Dohuk) in the subject box of your email. - Email that does not contain the vacancy title will not be considered. - Emails after the closing date will not be considered.
- Job Reference BWO-CW01