Position Case Worker
Shift Full time
Reporting to Case Manager
Duty Station Erbil, with regular field visits to field locations
All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA, and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The Case Worker provides appropriate and timely case management by assessing the needs of individuals with protection concerns, supporting the client with basic psychosocial counselling, developing and implementing tailored case plans based on needs, and ensuring appropriate follow-up while creating a climate of trust and care.
- Conduct Case Management intake interviews with individuals identified by the team during outreach work, referred internally from other INTERSOS components or referred by other agencies and open a case if vulnerability criteria are met;
- Carry out comprehensive assessments for each client after receiving their consent and consider emotional, behavioural and social factors that affect their psychosocial well-being as well as protection and risk factors;
- Conduct home visits to assess clients’ living conditions if considered necessary;
- Develop a tailored case plan together with the client, based on needs identified during the assessment;
- Maintain good coordination and relations with the main service providers in the area of intervention to improve identification of persons with specific needs for prompt referral, follow-up, and information sharing;
- Ensure cases are assessed for internal appropriate services such as ad hoc assistance and cash for protection (if applicable)based on the SoP and participate in any distributions if required.
● Provide continuous basic emotional support and counselling through regular follow-up meetings with cases under case management, establishing a relationship built on trust and respecting confidentiality protocols;
● Weekly document each case on the internal case management platform and ensure that any progress on the action plan and any significant change in a client’s psychosocial well-being and overall situation is timely and duly recorded;
- Ensure the proper and safe filing and archiving of case management files to maintain data confidentiality; according to data protection system.
- Close a case when the objectives in the case plan are met and no further needs were identified;
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles including but not limited to PSEAH, do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality, accountability, and need-to-know principles;
- Participate in internal case management meetings and bring to the immediate attention any case of special/emergency needs to the supervising Case Manager;
- Ensure that complex cases are reported to the line manager according to the case protection risk.
- Weekly report with the inclusion of the ongoing, open, complex, closed cases, and workload.
- Arrange and organize peer-support sessions and share regular reports with challenges might affect INTERSOS program, also, ensure attendance sheets are collected in field.
- Identify and report gaps in the availability of services and quality of service provision for clients in the target areas.
(Can be adapted to the particularities of the job location and the requirement of the specific project, but should be approved by the Protection Coordinator before advertising the vacancy).
Education and professional experience:
- University Degree in a related field (e.g. Social Work, Psychology, or equivalent is an asset).
- 1 year or more of relevant work experience.
- Previous working experience on protection context and particularly in GBV.
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively in diverse environments.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles and international humanitarian law.
- Willingness to work in challenging conditions.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Respect and a non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good reporting skills
- Ability to show empathy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to perfume multiple and competition tasks
- Fluency in Kurdish/ Arabic (written and spoken)
- Working knowledge in English (written and spoken) is an asset.
- Address Erbil
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area.