The Case worker is responsible for implementing case management and psychosocial activities in detention centres and in the communities in Baghdad governorate, with potential support in Mosul. S/he works under the direct supervision of the A2J Project Manager.
Main responsibilities :
1. Case management and counselling
1.1 Identify children in need of case management services, and in line with project demands and requirements, and under the guidance and supervision of his/her line manager, conduct case management for children in contact with the law.
1.2 Follow international, national, and organizational guidance and rules set for case management, in line with guidance from his/her supervisor and in the best interest of children.
1.3 Develop case plans and follow up on cases as per case management procedures and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedure) specially designed for the project.
1.4 Facilitate and follow up on referral as per case management procedures and SOPs
1.5 Work with children and families to ensure the best outcome possible for the child
1.6 Provide counselling to children in contact with the law, and family members and schedule follow up meetings as appropriate
1.7 Organize family visits as per the SOPs
1.8 Participate in case management meetings and case conferences as appropriate
2.Art and sport activities within detention centres
2.1. Assess youth interest and detention center’s restrictions and plan activities accordingly under the guidance of the supervisor
2.2. Evaluating performance and providing suitable feedback, balancing criticism with positivity and motivation;
2.3. Assessing strengths and weaknesses in a participant’s performance and identifying areas for further development;
2.4. Adapting to the needs and interests of group or individual participants;
2.5. Communicating instructions and commands using clear, simple language;
2.6. Demonstrating an activity by breaking the task down into a sequence;
2.7. Encouraging participants to gain and develop skills, knowledge, and techniques;
2.8. Ensuring that participants always train and perform to a high standard of health and safety;
2.9. Inspiring confidence and self-belief;
2.10. Acting as a role model, gaining the respect and trust of the youth;
2.11. always Working to a high legal and ethical standard, particularly in relation to issues such as child safeguarding and health and safety requirements.
2.12. Regularly arrange assessment and ask the feedback
3.1. Mobilize the relevant community members
3.2. Conduct dialogue with the communities for them to identify a strategy for the reintegration of children in contact with the law
4. Coordination with other teams and services
4.1. Conduct and regularly update service mapping and develop a referral pathway, in coordination and as requested by line manager
4.2. Disseminate information regarding available resources and services provided in area of intervention and other areas
4.3. Work in coordination with other teams to identify child protection concerns and children in need of case management services
5. Resource management, data management, and reporting
5.1. Use programme resources effectively and with care
5.2. Ensure proper record keeping of cases, ensuring confidentiality, and ensure that data collected is received and recorded by the data management staff in a timely and accurate manner.
5.3. Identify logistic and admin support needs related to the case management activities and communicates these to the relevant log/admin support person, with the knowledge of his/her supervisor.
5.4. Ensure appropriate management and storage of program material, equipment, information.
6.Problem-solving and teamwork
6.1. Contribute to the management of programme activities, according to the strategies communicated by line managers and the overall programme manager, to reach programme objectives
6.2 Develop common priority actions leading to solutions to the identified problems
6.3. Identify the problems associated with the delivery of the programme and inform line manager, HR, logistics, beneficiaries in accordance with line manager’s orientations
6.4. Attend and take part in the meetings necessary for passing on information for the smooth running of activities
6.5.Help line manager in setting up the activities schedule every week
6.6. Attend relevant trainings on Protection, Child Protection, Case Management, CCCM and others, in accordance with the line management.
7.Networking / external coordination
Maintain liaison with the local government officials, other NGOs, and community-based organizations at the community level to ensure their cooperation and coordination for effective implementation of the programme in the areas.
Under supervision of line manager, represent Tdh on local exercises in his/her geographic area of responsibility.
Always keep in close contact with respective local government department to ensure their active participation for effective implementation of the programme activities as well as proper use of resources.
In general, make sure that a positive and professional image of Tdh is conveyed. Ensure that Tdh’s mandate, thematic policies, ethics, values, and views are followed in relation to third parties.
Required Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
• Good command of Arabic and English are required.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (social work, psychology, education, social sciences, etc.).
• Superior organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and to take initiative, with a result-oriented approach and positive attitude.
• At least two years of humanitarian experience is required. Previous NGO experience, and especially case management experience, is a distinct advantage.
• The ability to communicate effectively with children and adults, local authorities, and other partners, and express oneself concisely.
• Proficient capacity building skills and previous capacity building experience.
• Good knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and MS.
• Ability to work in unstable, uncertain, or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.
• Ability and willingness to travel within Salah Ad-Din other parts of Iraq.
• Strong cross-cultural communication and resilience skills.
• The post holder must know, implement, and promote humanitarian principles and specifically child protection principles and information management principles.
• The post holder is polite, respectful, honest, punctual (and respects deadlines), creative, pacifist, proactive, committed and – during office hours – non-political. S/he is in constant exchange with colleagues and supervisors, communicates problems and enriches discussions. S/he treats people of different religion, age, sex, and economic status appropriate and equally and actively ensures their wellbeing and raises his/her voice when required. S/he is willing to improve own capacities and is open for all topics Tdh is working on to actively contribute to a comprehensive programme implementation.
• S/he uses Tdh equipment, vehicles, resources, and premises economically and responsibly. S/he positively represents Tdh towards beneficiaries, stakeholders, and the public.
Child Safeguarding Policy
• Raising awareness within the Foundation on violence against children.
• Providing guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to preventing, raising, denouncing, and responding to issues of child abuse.
• Reducing the risk of child abuse by selectively recruiting employees and others.
• Reducing the risk of child abuse by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children.
- Salary Offer 1262 before Social Security and tax deduction USD 1262 before Social Security and tax deduction Month
- How to apply Interested candidates can apply by filling the form through the link: https://hiring-iq.tdh.ch/2023/11/26/case-worker-application-form-tdh/ Please note this advertisement is on rolling basis and if the position been filled before the announced deadline the vacancy will be closed Best of Luck !