JOB DESCRIPTION – NORWEGIAN CHURCH AID (‘NCA’)
The Job Description’s main purpose is to direct and define an employee’s work and must be in line with both the Representation and the relevant department/ division/team’s objectives. Job Descriptions should be reviewed regularly and should be changed if / when there are substantial changes in the position.
All NCA employees are expected to be team players, flexible and willing to contribute to NCA in other areas that may not be specifically defined in their Job Description at the direction of their Line Manager.
As part of a GBV Programme Prevention, Response, and Outreach to Empower Conflict Related Sexual Violence (CRSV) Trauma Survivors (PROTECTS) in Iraq. Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is working to support a Psychosocial Support and Mental health to mitigate the consequences of GBV ad conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV) in North Iraq.
The Case Workers will report to the GBV Assistant, who is responsible for the management of the unit.
|Job Title:||Gender Based Violence Programme Case Worker|
|Department / division / team:||Department for International Programmes, Middle East Section, Iraq|
|NCA Line Manager’s name and job title:||Gender-Based Violence Program Coordinator|
- AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Case Management Support:
- Support counselling and general case management services for GBV/CRSV survivors in Sinune and Sinjar area.
- Ensure regular monitoring with follow-up and reviews progress of GBV cases.
- Ensures implementation case management process, referrals, follow-up and case closures (if and when appropriate) in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports of home visits as well as psychosocial counselling conducted and submit it to GBV Assistant.
- Prepare monthly individual work plan and submit to GBV senior officer.
- Offer awareness on various GBV topics together with Community Mobilizers.
- Ensuring a timely refer GBV survivors to the most appropriate services available (medical care, mental health and psychosocial support, legal counselling and assistance, safe shelter, education and livelihood opportunities) according to survivors needs.
Support to Psychosocial unit:
- Conduct interviews, needs assessment and
- Conduct Best Interest Assessments for unaccompanied or separated children ,
- Develop in collaboration with the team, individual case management action plans and,
- Ensure the implementation case management process, referrals, follow-up and case closures (if and when appropriate) in a timely manner
- Conduct home visits with assigned area as per approved monthly work plan.
- Develop services mapping and functional referral pathways.
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of vulnerable and women and girls at risk. This is the same as in the community outreach worker.
- Build and maintain partnerships and collaboration with other GBV partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Refer \Link sever cases to the Psychiatrist, psychologist for mental health support or to other relevant actors, collaboration with Team Leader.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by Psychologist/Supervisor from time to time.
- OTHER DUTIES / FUNCTIONS ASSIGNED TO THE POSITION:
GBV Case Worker Position requires travel/ coordination and staying in the disputed area and or Duhok/Nineveh.
- Address Sinune
- How to apply Closing Date : 27-01-2021 Applicants may submit their CVs to [email protected] Notes: 1 - please mention the vacancy title: Case Worker 2- Email without vacancy title will not be considered. 3- email after the closing date will not be considered 4- Applicants should be based on Sinune.