GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the line management of the Finance Officer of Baghdad Office, the cashier contributes to the respect of all the Finance and Procurement processes on base (Baghdad office & Ramadi sub-office) and ensures rules and deadlines are handled according to Handicap International standards and procedures.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
- Cashbox and Cash flow Management
- Guarantee security of the cash (notably by daily cash balance, weekly and end of month reconciliations) and confidentiality of information
- Operate payments and manage the operational advances (cash) following his/her level of authorization and the organization rules (internal and donors) under the supervision of his/her line management
- Follow up salary advance reimbursement and ensure communication to his/her line manager + HR service
- List liquidity needs in concert with his/her line manager
- Ensure support to the Finance Officer in transferring funds to partners in nearby and remote locations (including Ramadi-sub office)
- Support the Finance Officer in the preparation of the weekly and monthly forecasts;
- Verify cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Support the Finance & HR Officer in the preparation of monthly closing of the accountancy;
- Ensure the accountancy up-to-date bookkeeping (translate invoices, prepare payment stamps, and record entries)
- Issue vouchers and archive the accounting records according to HI procedures after a final verification of receipts.
- Scan all invoices with support documents and vouchers
- Take part in performing additional tasks delegated by the finance officer for global accountancy and monthly closure after and while receiving training and when needed or asked by line manager.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in finance or accounting related fields
- At least 1 years of experience in a similar position (data entry of financial information and cash handling.). Past experience with (I)NGOs is a plus.
- Arabic fluency, English knowledge is a plus
- Advanced at excel
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Perform extremely detailed tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
The working hours are the following:
This position in part-time (50%) with the schedule to be defined by the line manager within the normal office working hours (from 08:00 AM to 04:30 PM with 30 minutes lunch break), according to the needs.
It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the following days.
Line Manager: Finance Officer
Head of Department: Finance Coordinator
Operational link: Project Managers, Logistics Officers, Ramadi Office Supervisor
The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
- Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
- Internal regulation (IR)
- Child protection policy (CPP)
- Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
- Antifraud and bribery
- Code of Conduct (CoC)
- How to apply Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before 12th May 2021 Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically. Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference: Ref: HI-IRQ –BGD-CASH-574 Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the Subject line of your e-mail Please address all applications to: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Job Reference Ref: HI-IRQ –BGD-CASH-574