Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented CCR Technician II (OCONUS) to join our team in Baghdad, Iraq.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· The Contingency Communications & Radio (CCR) Technician II (OCONUS) demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
· Applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for the particular area of specialization.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s business practices and issues.
· The successful candidate typically possesses 3–5 years of successful experience in communications or a related field and successfully demonstrates key responsibilities and knowledge.
· The CCR Technician provides operations and maintenance support to multiple tactical and land mobile radio systems.
· Acts as subject matter expert on networking and other communications equipment providers’ (e.g., Harris, Exelis, Kenwood) equipment and provide O&M support.
· Proficient in communications surveys, new installations, and preventative maintenance for vehicle and fixed-site systems, COMSEC management, frequency management, training, and depot-level repair for radios.
· Develops and conducts training for U.S. Government personnel and private contractors regarding the proper use, care, maintenance, and preventative maintenance of assigned systems.
· Minimum of three (3) years technical and related experience in the field of coordination and technical support for modern communication systems.
· A minimum of two (2) years hands-on work experience with type I encrypted radios.
· Experience with COMSEC policies and procedures.
· Possess knowledge of radio frequency (RF) theory and principle, and the effects of systems operating in an electronic countermeasures environment.
· Excellent technical knowledge of RF Communications (VHF/UHF/SATCOM/Radio) along with COMSEC policies and procedures.
· Must be able to specify RF communication equipment compatible with CREW systems.
· Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
· Must demonstrate the ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner.
· Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a cohesive team.
· Must be able to multitask efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, and have strong attention to detail.
· Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems and office automation software (e.g., Microsoft Office, SharePoint).
Security Clearance Requirements:
· Must have a current Secret security clearance.
· A Top Secret clearance will be required to meet changing requirements.
· This position is deployed up to 90% of the calendar year in high-threat areas, in multiple locations (not one specific area).
· Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
· May be required to spend several months in the Washington D.C. metro area for training and CCR support duties prior to departure to assigned overseas work location.
· Must also be willing to serve in positions worldwide, which may include domestic assignments.
· Overseas locations may be located in high-risk environments.
· Works on concrete shop floors and positions self inside vehicles to work in cramped and awkward positions.
· Moves equipment weighing up to 30 pounds across and/or around shop floors.
· Uses screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, and other hand and power tools.
· Occasionally ascends/descends radio/communication towers to install and fix equipment.
· Frequently works in warehouses, buildings and vehicles that may be hot, cold, drafty, and poorly lighted.
· Occasionally works outdoors in all types of terrain and weather conditions.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech’s Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer – minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech’s utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click [email protected] and provide your name and contact information.