We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Kitchen professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a Chef de Cuisine you are responsible for the directing, training, supervising, planning and coordinating of all areas within the culinary department including any projects requested by the Executive Chef. Your role is to ensure a quality product for our guests and secure profit margins and will include key responsibilities such as:
• Ensure consistency and highest quality in the taste, presentation and appropriate food temperature for food served in your respective kitchen area
• Ensure the quality and cleanliness of all food displays as per the SOPs
• Ensure maximum creativity in all food displays
• Monitor all aspects pertaining to the control of the hotel’s food cost
• Ensure HACCP standards are implemented and follow the appropriate hygiene standards as per municipality requirements at all times
• Ensure consistent on the job training session for culinary colleagues and promote health and safety
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should have a professional kitchen apprenticeship or chefs training course and at least two years experiences in quality establishments along with excellent culinary skills. The ability to communicate well in English and a proven track of food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge is an essential.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be positively spirited and passionate about food and be committed to work together with the service team to deliver an amazing guest experiences every time. You will demonstrate energy and enthusiasm at work, be customer driven, ‘hands on’ and organized. You have the ability to work in a multicultural environment and under difficult condition while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results