This position will report directly to the Dean of College of Arts and Sciences.
- Teach chemistry lab courses, in support and under supervision of faculty.
- Set up equipment and material for lab sessions.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of lab inventory of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Arrange purchase orders for lab material and supplies, and lab budget.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of all lab protocols and procedures, and safety rules.
- Attend technical and lab safety training as deemed necessary.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLs, AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in chemistry from a reputable college/ university.
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience post-secondary in a college/ university setting.
- Familiarity with lab safety rules.
- Familiarity with American system of higher education.
- Ability to work and coordinate with faculty and other lab instructors as member of a team.
- Ability to interact effectively with students, supervise and guide them in the lab.
- Strong computer skills, English communication skills, and good time management skills.
Applications should include:
- Cover Letter.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of Passport Data information page.
- References (contact details) for up to three individuals who are familiar with your work.
- Copies of all formal academic degrees and certificates.
- Copies of your Transcripts.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please apply through AUIB website OR send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If an applicant has any relatives working at AUIB this must be disclosed in writing in the cover letter.
If you have not heard back from us after 3 weeks, it means that your application was not successful.
- Address Airport Road - American University of Iraq Baghdad USD Month
- How to apply Please apply through AUIB website OR send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: email@example.com